1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S4 August 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Torn n Frayed, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Apparently, Cranston and Paul will be appearing at some point as their respective characters on this show and it will be more than just a cameo. I'm not sure if it is this season or not. I'm sure they are keeping a lid on it. That will be cool. It's interesting because ET or some show like that was doing a joke interview where Cranston was living in the Winnebago and Paul discovered him. I wonder if those guys were actually really there to do something on this show? The writers were also hinting that Walter may not be dead when they flash forward to Jimmy as manager at Cinnabon, i.e. his final scene in "Breaking Bad" hadn't happened yet at that point.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait...

Had I said before this episode, "I bet you Chuck killed himself." How many of you would have dismissed it.

Remember, Hamlin just made that up, because he's feeling guilty. And now it seems like we are assuming Chuck did kill himself, and further, Jimmy actually believes Chuck killed himself. I don't think it matters that much, but I don't think Jimmy believes Chuck killed himself, but maybe he's glad Hamlin thinks so.

I'm with @Ziggy. Don't think we are meant to believe Chuck offed himself or whether Jimmy feels guilty or not, but will find out if meant to. Before reading this thread, I just thought Jimmy wanted to screw Hamlin and thinks it worked, and is glad Hamlin is wallowing in believing the suicide idea, and that it's all about him.

kinda surprised to see everyone believing the suicide idea.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Asian Sensation likes this.
  4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

It doesn't really matter if we think Chuck killed himself, it matters what they think - because that defines their actions and the direction of the story. In that regard, I can completely see how Hamlin came to the conclusion he did. And Jimmy should have felt guilty either way, because his actions drove Chuck back to crazy town. In Jimmy's mind, he's happy that Hamlin took the blame, because that frees him from guilt.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jimmy is the one who caused the insurance questions to be raised on his brother, though.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I also keep finding myself most engaged in the scenes with the cartel and Gus or Mike. Sometimes Jimmy feels like a buzkill on his own show....

Especially the fact that his personality on B.B. does not in any way resemble his on BCS. He always seems so serious on BCS and not as weak as portrayed in B.B....

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I agree with you. Here was my earlier response to others regarding the same issue

BMoney likes this.
  8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Eeeeeasssssy there cowboy; looks like our fave lil man made it back! A heartfelt intro that I had to mute due to it's saccharine sentimentality and he was back doing Talking Dead, awwwwwww. A happy ending for all!! Yeaahhh!! :eek:

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

when Gus said war would bring the DEA, hoping we get to see a younger Hank starting out

10. SuraGotMadHops

Is there any question to the viewer that Chuck killed himself? We saw him intentionally kicking the lantern off the table. I can see how the characters within the show can only surmise that he killed himself, but they didn't see it - we did.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It was something along the lines of Howard knowing Chuck is very careful I think

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ah! Forgot it wasn’t back!!! Got something to watch tonight. Just picked up some Torchys gonna go watch the first two episodes.

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Really good episode last night.

Can totally see Jimmy's full morph into Saul during the job interview. Nacho's situation is about to go full on nuts. Totally looking forward to see how Saul gets involved in the cartel world

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The Hamlin & Kim scene was just terrific, some fine acting by her!!

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Great episode last night, the transformation begins, the interview scene was well done. I am anxious to see how Jimmy and Kim turns out, obviously she wont be around until the end but curious to see how Saul screws it up, I really like her character development

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, poor Hamlin, though. He has to put up with everyone's ****, and just tries to do the best that he can. I like how the show kind of set him up to be a villain initially, but as the series went on it's apparent he's probably the most well-meaning person on the show.

I was a little surprised about how harsh Kim came down on him. Wondered if there was some ulterior motive there (as that is usually the case for every action someone takes on the show :)).

#76 DCkid, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Couldn't Hamlin relinquish his duties as trustee and appoint Jimmy as trustee of Chuck's estate? I kind of thought that's where that confrontation was going/will be going but most likely not.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Caught up on this.

Still slow, but will still watch because of the universe and characters.

I can't tell if its a show that's best to save up episodes or not though, given the pace. It's like do I want to watch three hours of this pace or just one??

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, Jimmy in the interview where he got the job and then proceeded to blast the interviewers for not doing their homework while skipping out on the job...what was Jimmy going for there? He didn't want to work with a couple of saps who were easily conned?

Even Jimmy has his standards on who he will work with? LOL

GRENDEL likes this.
  20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i wonder if he got an idea with the printer that can make counterfeit $5's and decided to blow the interview so he can later start printing those up and not so easily be caught.

also, did gustavo hire that doctor from john hopkins? and why did he play that card with nacho so quickly and kill that other dude? seems like something he would have sat on till he needed nacho...and wont killing that guy bring retribution from the salamancas?

i guess he wants to ensure that nacho wont try to kill hector again?