1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

These types of commie nonsense posts are why Dems and Libs are taking seriously and continue to lose to far right crazies. I'm all for responsible corporations and including taxes and wages across the board but this is ridiculous. Corporations and the enterprising spirit to create these corporations is what made this country THE world power. They are the reason we rank so high in GDP/PPP despite our massive population. Go live in a country where there are no industries, no enterprises, etc... and convince me that they are stronger for it.

How about, without corporations hiring people so they can make money, including expendable income, there wouldn't be anyone to buy your silly video games.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The top tax rates used to be 90% and America was fine. Tax rates don't have much correlation with GDP. You can do a correlation study and you would see that. Why the heck are all the big high tech companies in America in California with its absurd tax rates?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm not talking about tax rates, comrade DD said corporations make our country weaker. that's commie non-sense for all the reasons i stated and then some.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the hill.com huh?

you are on record saying the only non-leftist and reliable sources of news are breitbart and a random youtube channel. you are on record saying fox news is leftist. you are on record saying you dont follow the news anymore because its all leftist. you are also on record saying that the only people who do follow the news are those with no lives or full-time jobs.

so why in the heck are you posting an article from the hill?

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Indeed, and there has been a lot written and spoken on this. I think it was Charles Murray that said that the BA/BS was an easy way for companies to sift through their applicants (ie, those that didn't have them were not considered).

But as university graduates become (perhaps) less desirable (for many reasons); and/or companies have to train them anyway once they are hired, companies will start to realize that having a BA (especially) and maybe even a BS isn't all that.

You're right, this is going to have to change starting with the private sector, but I think it will begin to change. Perhaps it is already changing. I could point to a number of jobs that are somewhat related (tangentially) to what I do, that specialize in taking HS graduates and teaching them a decently lucrative market-based skill; and then they hire them.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

a) everything wasn't fine when tax rates were at 90% (I believe this was taking all taxes--federal, state, local into account). The people in that bracket were desperate to find relief; and whole bunch of different investment mechanisms were invented to help those people reduce their tax burden. I know, for example, if you were a doctor in Minnesota before the tax reform act of 1986, you were subject to a 90% tax rate. I don't know why anyone faced with that situation would get out of bed in the morning.

b) a lot of companies are in fact leaving California, because its taxes and regulations are becoming so ridiculous.

jcf and Dark Rhino like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Corporations are given ACCESS to the society and to the protections in that country, hiding profits, and avoiding taxes, is what is killing this country and causing the debt.

Eisenhower had the corporate tax rate at 87% - you know why? So corporations would hire people for R&D and other things rather than pay large taxes, it was GOOD for the country.

Allowing corporate GREED to squash the middle class is KILLING this country, and will cause civil unrest....and mix in easy gun access and watch the poor begin to rise up and target those people that are quashing everyone else...

The 1% are not paying their share, and ****TARD Trump is giving them tax breaks......THAT is what is killing this country.....GREED

And it is not Communism , it is economics, and history....disparity of this magnitude always leads to collapse and reset...always.

DD

Rashmon likes this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And it's not just this race. It's across the board. That's what the republicans have been doing better for a few decades now. They play to win much better than the Democrats. Democrats, of which I am proud to continue to be one, are playing some other game...one where the nicest person wins because they're nice. All the best ideas in the world don't mean s*** if you're not in a position to act on them. You have to win. If it has to go dirty, it has to go dirty. It's time to stop playing nice and play to win.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, the republicans have no morals any longer it is win at all cost, even cheating for them is ok....they need to reset their party, it has nothing to stand on, they are the turds of history.

DD

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny how this thread has turned into ranting about commie BS and other DD nonsense......I mean, since the race is all but over and Robert Francis O'Rourke is well on his way to being the next Wendy Davis, there's nothing really to talk about when it comes to the race.

cml750, BruceAndre and John Oliver like this.
  11. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

lol i completely forgot about that goofball

12. leroy

And the ones that have the power in all 3 federal branches and a majority of the state houses. Yes, I despise their policies and their tactics. But they're the ones winning races, despite the vast amount of people voting for them are voting against their own interests. It's time to hit back. It was the 8th round before Ali started to hit Foreman back. We've been taking punches for years without fighting back. It's time to go for the knockout.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Beto will lose no doubt, but that should open the run in 2020. He looks like he may end up being the favorite and has the poise to take on a sociopath like Trump.

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Question: Does Beto O'Rourke strike you as someone who dines at Chuy's and thinks they're eating high quality Mexican food?

I would not share my queso fundido with him. Period.

GOOD DAY

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[Premiumist Post]
    No more than Canada Ted strikes me as someone who dines at Pancho's and thinks they're eating high quality Mexican food.

I would not share my sopapillas with him. Period.

Also, Canada Ted would be dining alone because his family hates him.

GOOD DAY

mdrowe00, jcf, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This. This is also a good answer to "Why do [some group of voters] like [some crooked politician that does things in their personal life that group finds odious] but gives them everything they want politically ?"

#1656 Deji McGever, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When it comes to fine dining with Mexican Industrialists, you are a bit out of your league.

El_Conquistador and jo mama like this.
  18. leroy

It would be odd for him to share it with the busboy. Not sure why you try to get patrons to share their food with you.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Cruz is going to mention the Astros. I guarantee it !

20. leroy

So what?