1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump wouldn't hire John Bolton at first because he had a mustache and refused to shave it off. Of course he makes assumptions about people based on superficial things like skin color.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Really tired of extremist political parties and candidates. Blue, red, whoever. Why we are pandering, fear mongering, generalizing, manipulating the truth to keep votes when actually making compromises that suit actual majorities would do the trick? **** if I know. **** the lesser of two evils.

RayRay10, snowconeman22 and mockster like this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

He’s not though. He’s not not politically correct and moronic. Do I really believe he has it out for blacks, Hispanics and etc?. No not at all.

4. mockster

mockster Member

Do away with parties all together. Everyone independent. People pick what they like about their views not their party color.

Thing is I like policies from left n right but nobody is out there to represent that cuz blue n red dominate

Dankstronaut likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saying a Federal Judge can't do their job because of their Mexican heritage is bigoted. There is no doubt about that.

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me when was that time a Democrat won a senate seat in Texas?. To ignore the biggest and most important factor Cruz won is pretty dishonest on your part.

7. HTM

HTM Member

Dishonest? what? I haven't asserted anything. There's nothing I could have been dishonest about.

All I did was point out not everything was working in Cruz's favor as another poster asserted. Being up for re-election as a Republican in a midterm year two years after your party won the White house is a marked disadvantage. It's a huge disadvantage actually.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the fact that you view it as "spin" says more about you than it does about me.

saying that someone cant do their job properly because of their ethnicity is racism. the only ones trying to "spin" it are trump and people like you.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He is definitely racist. We know that he has used the N word (ER) before.

He goes after athletes like Lebron while calling him dumb, but doesn't say anything when Kerr and Pop have trashed him through the media. He said some white nationalists were "very fine people." That's him saying it, not me. Countries in Africa are referred to ****-holes while advocating for people of Norway to move here. Norwegians are white people. Is it that hard to decipher?

Like him for whatever reasons that fits your bill (talking generally), but there's no denying that he's a racist.

#2669 sammy, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    REEKO_HTOWN and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't you know how racism works these days? Nobody can be racist unless they explicitly say the word. Otherwise, they're just telling it like it is and sorry if that isn't fit into your pc culture safe space, it's just how things were when America was great.

joshuaao and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  11. sammy

The video of Trump saying the N word on the set of The Apprentice will emerge one day.. probably around election time. The sad part is that I don't think it will make a difference. They voted in a dead pimp FFS.. party over anything.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's ain't about party. It's about racism. They use the excuse of party. They want to blame all their missable misfortunes on the people they were replaced with.

They can't stand seeing us with better cars than they have.

13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I'm leaning more towards the "unintelligent" option here, myself...

...I mean...

...I don't care how loyal your dog is...ain't no way you're getting it to jump over a cliff after you...

14. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...that mustache of Bolton freaked me out too...

...he looks like a manicured Albert Einstein...

...without the brains and wit and basic human decency, I mean...

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I had some thinkin time driving today. No radio even. Had the idea to start the “white party”. Little joke about being in between red (white and) blue that kinda makes sure everyone has a laugh and gets over it. A friend posted race/gender stats that are entirely unsurprising because our parties are so heavily focused on keeping their race and gender votes that *helping* people isn’t even the goal anymore...except he deemed this “1954” because, idk red is racist I guess. Kinda surprised me he wasn’t kidding, like bro it really is race and gender based, YOURE the one posting the very statistic about it. Am I being stupid or is the race/gender political pandering like not really obvious right now? Feelings just hurt today, I guess.

But yeah, not blue enough for blue, not red enough for red here. Just one among the fence, wishing for moderation and teamwork above tribalism from either side. So sick of rhetoric and marketing, I really hope my generation intends to shake some hands and try To move on with life. We are to each other’s throats at the encouragement of our elders. We are unwilling to hear truths if it comes from the wrong microphone. We need to examine what we’re doing and hear as many perspectives as possible, so we can determine a course that suits as many people as possible and really try to stick to it so OUR sons and daughters don’t have to spend a few decades shoveling the same **** mountain we’re trying to figure out. 2 sets of extremely opposed groups imposing one of the most powerful governments ever created against each other is taking the soul right out of this country and fast.

Or if we’re just going to play identity politics until this is a soulless, facist country maybe we can at least acknowledge that as a fact. Whatever.

Rant over, sorry lol

mockster likes this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

Whatever makes you feel better about your biased views.

He’s not racist and I don’t even like the guy. He’s rude and mean that’s for sure. Racist doubtful. He’s hardly shown any signs in his career of racism and blsck people loved the dude until he ran republican

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. sammy

You are making a fool out of yourself. Black people loved the guy that has been asking for Obama's birth certificate since 2009?

Yeah this guy is who black people loved. FOH

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has shown signs that he was racist back when the black people you claim loved sued him for discriminating against them in his rental policies. That was back in the 70s I believe. He has a long history of racist actions. He definitely plays off of racism in his campaigning. If he's not actually a racist he stokes the fires of racism and is as good as being racist. So whether or not he actually is doesn't matter. He does the job of one.

joshuaao and sammy like this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

Wonder why snoop dog, diddy and etc always hanged with him weird. Constantly referenced in rap music as a “cool reference” for being rich.

No I’m not making a fool of myself because I won’t give into your perspective and bias