1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The short version:

She is the type of dem I used to support when I proudly signed up for that party.. a moderate anti bs war candidate. I disagree with her on a guns but she seems to be one of the few who gets the middle eastern problem. She emits leadership and strength too from a personality standpoint. Great choice but she is not left enough to gain a base in modern politics. Almost a waste of time talking about since the power players who want oil rich lands and pipeline access have a strong say in who gets the oval office.

I am actually very open to real universal healthcare if it isn't the fake version Obama delivered. I am largely pro choice save for late term as well, and not against letting gay people marry. Definitely not big issues for me personally but she doesn't bother me largely. Guns are the worst position she has however I am a realist. I am first and foremost not pretending I need to win by having the perfect candidate. It just isn't possible.

Also it take guts to take a stance like her when her own party are retches who attack moderate leftists.

#421 dachuda86, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Ah yes, the venerable accomplishments of being Hindu and American-Samoan.

Demographics is population.
    Population is democracy.
    The fecund are the future.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I want to remind everyone that Beto called for the impeachment of Trump because "there is already enough evidence" 6 months ago.

Not only this was before the investigation concluded but also he would have supported impeaching an innocent man for political points.

Beto needs to learn what Democracy is.

Pistol Pete and cml750 like this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

American for limited government LOL. No such thing anymore. At least with the two parties.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

From what I've seen of Tulsi, she is great.

No issue is black or white despite how hard each party tries to divide the lines. Tulsi appears to be pragmatic. She seems to understand the gray, as do most Americans who take the time to research and understand a given topic. I dont care that she is pretty. I dont care that she is a woman. Or her heritage. Or her upbringing. She attracts the Bernie supports for the same reason. People feel she is more genuine. She is not out to prove the other team wrong or get caught up in tribal nonsense.

The reality is most Americans have much more in common than not. Those who spend too much time on twitter, facebook, or on their favorite partisan news source feels like this represents America. It really doesn't. Yes, Trump was extremely controversial in the beginning. But it didnt take long for the average American realize that Trump is no different than his predecessor. Nobody is launching nukes. The Russians are not invading. The White House was not turned into a Trump Hotel. Business is going on as usual. He is just another President bleating on about partisan nonsense who's power, just like any other president, is held in check by congress.

Would Bernie have been different? Probably not. I do feel Tulsi could make some headway as she would look for the common goals instead of focusing on the differences.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Looks like you guys who love Gabbard randomly have been trafficking in some good ole fashion Russian propaganda.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...20-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

Always thought the “but Id vote for Gabbard” talk to be random as hell.

She has literally the same platform broad strokes as Beto, Kamala, etc. but the one difference is she’s oddly favorable to Russia. Which is odd because her party was targeted by the Russians the last 3 years.

Begs the question of what websites you guys go to that talk about how great she is. Wouid love to know.

#427 dobro1229, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    biff17 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

Ummm.... impeachment is kind of the point of Democracy dude. Nobody is above the law. We don’t have a King. Representatives have a right to their own opinion and if the majority agree to remove an elected official, they can do that.

Not being able to impeach and especially have a public opinion on impeachment is the opposite of Democracy.

And yes... high crimes and misdemeanors. Trump broke laws. He could technically be impeached but few think we should go there. Myself included.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cml750 likes this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Literally if Trump stepped on a dog turd they would want the turd on the ticket. Remember Avenatti?

cml750 and Cohete Rojo like this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

Why did you tag me with this?

I am not particularly a fan of Beto he would be about 4th on my list.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

because you've seemed concerned about my posting habits lately. I had an opinion on Beto I wanted to share with you.

JuanValdez and cml750 like this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude that's all you got?

You thought I was a Beto guy and that article would make me feel some kind of way.

Sorry you failed.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

She is the best the dems have for anti war voters. Maybe you are just a war hawk. I wonder what sites you go to that make you a raging jangoist who buys into every BS Russian conspiracy theory. Probably CNN DNC pro war propaganda.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

actually I didn't think much about you at all, just tagged you as an fyi

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  17. biff17

biff17 Member

Ok you go with that. LOL.

18. dobro1229

Ah the ole fake news response. I’ve said before I actually like Gabbard, but the Russia online support and her troubling comments about Assad just raise unnecessary questions.

Plus the fact that Trump fanatics that agree with next to nothing on her campaign platform, randomly love her.

So again... love her agenda. I’m an anti war hippie FYI so love that aspect, and the fact that she’s a surfer makes me grade her with a curve regardless.

There’s just this elephant in the room... which is why Russia loves her, and Trumpers love her. I doubt I’ll get a serious response to that question but there it is.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well since I am a Russian bot, I guess you have all the proof you need.

[​IMG]

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What about him? Did he ever even register on any poll at all?