1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BETA Sign-Up] Movie Pass Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Jan 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

update email I got today

Basically, 3 movies/month now, no more price surging/ticket verification, they will still block some movies, with the exception of their e-ticketing partners, you'll get up to $5 discount on tickets after you use your 3 movie monthly limit

Not bad really, comparable to Sinemia's 3 ticket/month plan for $15 but with Sinemia, you can use one of those tickets for premium screening, while MoviePass you can not. Plus Sinemia started a $20 sign up fee late last week to cash in on the MoviePass switch overs.

2. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

One movie available per day now it seems. Yesterday was Slenderman Monday, and today its Mission Impossible Tuesday. All other movies blocked out.

3. Dave2000

yup, looks like this is going to be the case until tomorrow when the $10/3 movie a month plan comes into effect

my next billing cycle is like 9/7, on my last month of unlimited

Still keeping it since I still go to Cinemark/Studio Movie Grill by work and home, but use A-List as my primary

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Movie pass was the sacrificial lamb that made Movie theaters step up their game. I'm super happy with A-List and that's all because of Movie Pass.

Dave2000 likes this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like movie pass, just signed up a few weeks ago. 4/5 closet theatres to me are Landmark, so I have had absolutely no issues with anything.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I got movie pass a while ago so I'm not restricted to the 3 movies per month thing. I've had no complaints so far with movie pass. *knocks on wood*

Suspicious from the get go on how they actually make money but I get all the benefits from it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Dave2000

If you are monthly, it'll change on your next billing date (mine is 9/7), if you are quarterly/yearly plan, it won't change till your next renewal

8. marky :)

Correct. I'm on the yearly plan so it won't change for me until my renewal date. Going to go on a movie watching spree until then.

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. Dave2000

I'd do the same, my dad got the yearly subscription too and he's taking advantage of it

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Welp, looks like even the annual plan is going to be limited to 3 movies per month now:

I was prepared to deal with all the restrictions they had implemented because I was already on the hook for a year and the 3 movie restriction wasn't going to apply. Now that it does apply, I'm seriously considering this prorated refund.

11. Dave2000

Damn, that sucks, truthfully, it still comes out to a good deal at $3.33/ticket. But a far cry from what they offered and the AMC List being a better deal now even if it is double the price.

12. marky :)

All movies/showtimes not being available for me anymore is the killer for me. I don't mind the cap on movies you can see per week/month/etc but I might look into the pro rated refund also.

HeWhoIsLunchbox likes this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just cancelled. Sad sad day.

Moviepass... oh what you could have been.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Cancel my service, can't watch the same movies twice, lol. Which is smart I guess, does movie pass count at the box office?

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Just cancelled. It was a good run. I saw 15 movies in 5 months of membership, and it ended up being $2.55 per movie.

16. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I was AMC 30 on Dunvale last night and noticed that they are in the process of renovating one of their screens into a Dolby Cinema theater. Great addition for A-Listers.

Snow Villiers and J Sizzle like this.
  17. Dave2000

FINALLY, much closer to my job than me driving to First Colony for a Dolby screening

just wish Studio and First Colony can upgrade all their theaters to recliners

Snow Villiers likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I cancelled Moviepass and am rolling with Sinemia now, which is working great.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Much closer to me also. Was driving to Willowbrook for Dolby

Dave2000 likes this.
  20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

BUMP!

Signed up for AMC A List a couple of days ago for my wife and I. We just moved a few weeks ago into Pearland and now live 5-10 mins from AMC 30. Was able to book Venom Dolby Cinema which is a $16 movie ticket right away. $20/month for 3 movies per week! so we spent $40 up front, and have already seen $32 in movies. The fact that you get IMAX and Dolby Cinema included really sealed it for me. I used to way back in the day get IMAX tickets from movie pass by paying the difference. A List has got me sold with this package. Now I have to commit to a movie once a week, which shouldn't be too bad.

Dave2000 likes this.