1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bet it all on the House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Since the FO seems to be stuck in quicksand, and the possibilities of landing a formidable wing seem to be dwindling by the day...

Might as well look to the one guy on the roster that does seem to have significant room for growth in the upcoming season:

[​IMG]

Can D. House take the next step and become a fixture as our starting SF? EG did an admirable job filling in that spot towards the end of the season, but we all know we need more size at the wing and EG is much more needed in his 6th man role as it is.

House showed a lot of flashes last year during the regular season, but unfortunately wasn't able to perform when the lights were brightest, resulting in him not even seeing the floor during the biggest games of the year (vs the Warriors). Hopefully, those struggles can be a learning experience for Danuel and can push him to the next level.

What say you?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They shoulda just signed him last yr. At this point all we need is Jim Bus to team up with Morley , Turd Brown, and Tillman

3. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Have to give him some more opportunities to create offense. He has more potential than being just a spot up shooter/close out attacker.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They have to hope for improvement from somewhere …. House is the best bet as the rest of the team , aside from Clark & Hartenstein are established veterans.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Rivers played with in the flow of the game last year, would like to see more aggressive play from him. He is not known as a defensive player but showed signs. His personal preference is a team changer, IMO.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I expect House to be a lot better this year, especially because he's experienced the intensity of a championship level series versus GSW. That said, I don't think he's ready to take the starting role just yet.

topfive, roslolian and banzai like this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I agree, he's got more room to contribute off the bench... maybe he'll be more reliable after the all-star break once he gets comfortable and stamina up.

topfive likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Has he been made official yet?

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I think the org has faith in him and brought him back with the intention of starting. He should fare much better in the role after going through a training camp and having the reassurance that he's locked into a multi-year contract which obviously meant a lot to him. Ideally we'd pair him with a veteran counterpart like Iggy that could be called on to play big crunch time mins when needed.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

House wont start as EG loved being the starter and tbh he was tearing it up as our SF.

House can pair with Rivers as our shock troop and be Harden's buddy on and off the court.

The west is wide open we just need to sign a big man and another wing and we are set. Clemens has been doi g great as well I'd sign him as a 5th guard in case somebody gets injured.

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why are people forgetting about Gary Clark?

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think we are gonna start our best 5

Having rivers off the bench kinda changes Gordon's role from his earlier 6th man seasons .

I'd start him . Sure we are short , but harden and Gordon do a good enough job of guarding 6'5-6'8" guys ... traditional SF range.

Also thinking about pg sg sf pf is a bit outdated .

PG and Kawhi are at lac , who is the 2 who is the 3......etc ?

Our main problem in the regular season was our atrociously poor start .

Our main weakness of our small unit is rebounding . But House isn't a significantly better rebounder than Gordon . Barring a trade , I expect our best 5 to start

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Because coach did...

slothy420 likes this.
  14. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

The House always wins except when it comes to the Rockets

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think House is at the point where consistency is his next step. Of course, that starts with organizational consistency like having contract and playing time. I also think it’s an unfair characterization to him to say he didn’t perform in the playoffs. The team relied on him, dumped him off mid-stride over pay...brought him back last week of the season and expected what? 15/8, good defense and a seemless transition?

To be honest, I see him as An off-ball guard anyway. A better option at 3 over Gordon solely due to size, but both are guards. This team doesn’t need a superstar, they need a hustler 6’8” or better that puts up a competent 3 point shot. They need Moute pre-injury.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We knew he was gonna ball before the season started? That's news to me.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the last week of the season? lets not over-exaggerate here. he returned in mid march, which gave him about a month's worth of games. he played just fine when he returned and as usual for an unproven role player just resorted to inconsistency . It was no different than even before his timeout. Consistency is obviously his problem. it wasn't the fact that he was dumped. People can't use the excuse of he was dumped so that's why he was bad. When he was playing well right off the bat when he returned and that excuse was no where to be found. it doesn't apply to one and not the other just to make an invalid excuse

He was completely lost in the playoffs. But that's the risk you take when you rely on an unproven player. The risk of uncertainty was just much higher for him and it showed. it turned out to be learning experience and hopefully it makes him better for the coming seasons.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That’s fair, I did exaggerate his return to the roster...but that time missed could’ve only helped in reaching a consistent output.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that D'Antoni screwed the pooch by not letting him find his playoff legs last year....

DD

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

in the end the difference in actual dollars definitely wasn't worth all that fuss lol. but here we are now and can only hope he can provide a more consistent rotational spot

Dankstronaut likes this.