1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Western Conference Playoffs EVER!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kruze10, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The playoff seeding is still by no means set but it is shaping up to be a doozy of a first round in the Western Conference.

Here are the first round match ups (If the playoffs started today)...

Lakers vs San Antonio - I know the Lakers are currently out of the playoffs but they're tied with Utah and have an easy schedule the rest of the way so they should be in it despite being terrible. This is a match up of old rivals with a lot of history. They both play each other hard and Kobe always takes it up a notch when he plays the Spurs.

Houston vs OKC - Of course we will all be ecstatic for this one. Rockets finally make the playoffs and get to face off against Harden's old team. Their's the usually intensity that comes with playing in the playoffs and then their is the added intensity of playing against your former team. OKC is more than likely winning this series but Harden will make sure it doesn't come easy.

GSW vs Denver - This one should be exciting to watch. Two teams that score and move the ball really well. I can see Curry going off and scoring 30, 40 points a game but I can also see Faried beating the ***** out of David Lee and then going out of his way to push Curry into the 4th row. I hope all of that happens.

Clippers vs Memphis - This one will be pretty epic. Both teams despise each other and somehow are always meeting in the playoffs. I don't know what the line is but I would take the over on whatever number of technicals are called in this series.

What match up are you looking forward to (Other than Houston vs OKC)?

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'm not looking forward to getting destroyed by OKC in Round 1.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Looking forward to Indiana-Atlanta. LOL.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don't think there is a team in the top 4 that wouldn't destroy the Rockets. OKC would at least make things more interesting.

5. Classic

Classic Member

Lots of good hoops action in the west. Yeah...east;;; not so much

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I'm sure a lot of people are.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not to be overly pessimistic...

But if we face OKC in the first round this year, I see a sweep coming...

No way the Thunder are going to let Harden even have a chance at showing them up. They'll be extra fired up.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers easy schedule? vs Mavs, vs Grizzlies, @ Clippers, vs Hornets, @ Blazers, vs Warriors, vs Spurs, vs Rockets

Jazz don't have it too much easier either but...

vs Blazers, vs Nuggets, vs Hornets, @ Warriors, vs Thunder, vs Timberwolves, @ Timberwolves, @ Grizzlies

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Just because I was too lazy to look up their schedule doesn't make you better than me.

1 person likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

I rather we take the 8th spot against Spurs than 7th against OKC, but I agree a series of Den vs. GS & Mem vs. Lac will be great.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah facts are stupid

2 people like this.
  12. VBG

VBG Member

actually it kinda does

1 person likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

That's why the Eastern Conference will have the advantage because everybody out West is going to be battling at a high altitude level while in the East, the competition is weak as ****. By the time the East makes it to the Finals, they have all the energy and stamina on their side while the West will be tired as ****.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Some people argue though that the western team will be battle tested while the Miami Heat will have cruised through the playoff without much worry.

15. tksense

tksense Member

You think they'll not be ready after playing 90+ games? The east has it easy.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

The commentators on ESPN and TNT said they would love to see Houston play OKC in the playoffs

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

If you read this thread: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=236208

The posters in there would make you think the Nuggets are an easy out in the first round.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Honestly, the east is a joke but I don't think the Heat's road to the Finals will be easy. They have a target on their back and everyone's going to go hard at them, especially the Bulls and Celtics.

20. gambingo

gambingo Member

If Harden and Lin can go beardsanity for the entire series and not just one or two games, we're gonna have a good chance of beating OKC.