1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best way to get Rox tickets?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MasterBindo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

I am longtime Rockets fan from Virginia and I am finally in a position to fly out at see some live Rockets action.We are thinking about making a trip in March and staying 4-5 days and watching two games live (maybe GSW 3/13 & PHX 3/15). My main questions are related to ticket purchases.

When should I purchase the tickets?
    Where should I purchase them from?

Sorry if this is not the correct forum to post this type of thing.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just buy from the Rockets official site. They combine both flashseats after-market (STH resell) as well as new tickets in one interface. There is no real reason to go anywhere else. And no matter where you go, having flashseats installed is the easiest way. Since all season tickets are distribtuted by the Rockets to fan via flashseats, the reseller is going to want to transfer them to you via flashseats.

As for when to buy, it probably does not matter, from my experience. It will be just as likely to find GSW resell market overpricing now and coming down in price later, as it is the other way around where GSW is underpriced now, and overpriced later. The Phoenix game won't matter. This assumes you only need 2 tickets. If you need more, probably better to buy when you can, keeping in mind that GSW might indeed be overpriced to start.

MasterBindo likes this.
  3. MasterBindo

MasterBindo Member

Thank you!

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Now that they don't allow bidding on flashseats just buy the official tickets or look on the clutchfans buy sell section.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Rockets website is posting the tickets from flashseats. My understanding is sellers are immediately cross-posted on both sites. Their excuse for turning off bidding is that they couldn't integrate the feature while supporting cross-posting.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Flashseats will still have better prices than the Rockets for most games. They just won't have dirt cheap prices.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I do Flashseats a couple of hours before the game...there is that rare occasion when SeatGeek will have better prices

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Side Question: Has there been any talk of bringing back bidding for tickets through Flash Seats? I used to be able to get really good deals within an hour of tip off for great seats. Then they set a minimum price, I believe.