1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Team in the NFC is?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisianaRocket, Sep 9, 2008.

1. LouisianaRocket

If they get their act right on offense, like they should.

The Arizona Cardinals is the team to beat this year IMO

Moving Rolle to Safety was probably the best thing that happened to their football team, and now deep plays will not haunt them like they did last year. This defense still has holes, but the speed and agile play from their DB's is going to cover up a lot of those holes. Don't be shocked if this team ends up locking up homefield advantage in the playoffs this year. Even if they don't lockup home field advantage, they will still make it deep in the playoffs.

2. Chamillionaire

Eagles... Cowboys... Giants...

Cardinals won't even win their own division, that'll be the Seahawks

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd be stunned if it's the Cardinals and not the Cowboys.

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

/seconded. Fly, Eagles, Fly...

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Cowboys offense operated like clockwork. The only way to slow it down is to get to Romo and he has the quickest feet I seen since Roger Staubach.

The Giants looked very powerful and I think Justin Tuck may be better than Strahan.

Didn't see the Eagles game yet but they sure put up a lot of fantasy stats.

6. LouisianaRocket

lol, Saints will crush all hopes Cowgirls have.

Cowboys can't touch our offense...

And Giants will get dominated by Reggie... again

and Philly doesn't want none of us.

Arizona and Saints is my prediction for NFCC

Which the Saints will own the air.

But, I still say Arizona is the team to beat.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Cowboys can't touch our offense...

Romo = Brees
    Barber/Jones/Choice > Bush/Thomas/McAlsiter
    Witten = Shockey
    Owens/Crayton> Colston/Henderson ...by a hair
    Dallas O-line > NO O-line

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think within a few weeks will be able to really tell who is the team to beat in the NFC. The Eagles have a tough 4 weeks coming up where they play the Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, and Washington. The Cowboys play the Eagles, Packers, and Washington in the next 3. I think, judging by week 1, those are the top two in the NFC but Philly could come out the gate 1-4 after this 4 week stretch. The Saints have a very weak schedule this year and I don't put them in the upper echelon of the NFC yet. The Bears dominated the Colts but I think the Colts could be on a surprising downward trend here and the Packers are still questionable with with a new QB in place. The NFC West is one of the weakest divisions in football so none of them even get considered right now in my book.

Like I said, judging by week one it is the Eagles and Cowboys but we'll see how the coming weeks turn out.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Cowboys
    Packers
    Saints
    Giants

in no particular order

10. Pete the Cheat

too bad the Saints have zero defense...definitely the model for playoff success...

11. Lil Pun

I think Witten is slightly better than Shockey.

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

big blue, until proven otherwise.

13. LouisianaRocket

please, Romo can't even hold Brees jockstrap much less be mentioned in the same breath as Brees.

14. Lil Pun

That being said, I would like to see how Romo would fair without Owens. I mean it seems that if you have a good offensive line and a top rated receiver, you could thrown anybody in there and have success but if that was the case why didn't Bledsoe have success before him...

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Giants. They're the defending champs, and the best team in the NFC until someone knocks them off that pedestal.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Certainly, I mean he'd have to have thrown -8 more touchdowns last year to have gotten anywhere near the awesomeness that is Drew Brees.

:rolleyes:

homerism = lame.

Reggie Bush is a slot receiver and Jason David makes Phillip Buchanon look like Ronnie Lott.

and Cardinals? really? they beat San Francisco who is one of the worst teams ever assembled. Big deal.

as much as I don't like to say it, the best team in the NFC is clearly Dallas, but it remains to be seen if Romo can win when it matters.

17. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

As much as it pains me to admit it, the Cowboys look freakin' awesome. They looked physically bigger at every position than the Browns. Their execution was great (what I saw of it, anyway) on both sides of the ball.

Eagles? Are you serious? They looked like superstars playing the Rams...

18. Nero

Nero Member

Uhhhhh...Did I just click on a thread called 'Best Team in the NFC' and then the OP came out of the gate saying it was the.. the.. *snicker*.. the *ARIZONA CARDINALS* ?????

Thank God I was not drinking anything at that moment!

I was waiting for the punch line, but it appears that the OP may have actually been... *serious*?

And then polishing the knobs of the.. *Saints*? Hehehe

Oh my..

Dallas is clearly the class of the NFC. Giants are in the mix, as is Philly, New Orleans, maybe Green Bay and Chicago..

But all of those teams other than Dallas have serious questions marks surrounding them: Philly - when will McNabb go down again with another life-threatening ouchie? If the Witless Redskins figured out the Giants after only one quarter, then things are not trending well for the G-Men.. GB & Da Bears - new QB's rarely mean big success.. plus they will be beating up on each other a lot.. New Orleans?Can't win without a defense, you can't just out-score everyone, eventually you will run up against a superior defense..

The team that is already clicking and doesn't seem to have any holes is Dallas, no doubt about it.

19. Lil Pun

Must be a Dallas fan.

20. LouisianaRocket

"Don't count that chicken before it gets laid." - Milo Hamilton