1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best star player next to Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Jan 2, 2017.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We're not going to get an allstar this year. At least I doubt it. I'd say let's go for Tyson Chandler or Kosta Khufu's.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get this thread, these are almost all unobtainable, theoretically impossible wishful thinking scenarios. :D

My vote if for the young Michael Jordan and if we've got cap space to swing it, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

Oh yeah, and keep Bev to round out the starting five. :cool:

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Chandler parsons is offended by this thread

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

As long as we are dreaming, Anthony Davis would be my first choice and Kawhi Leonard would be second.

I would be ecstatic if we got Paul George and pretty happy with Jimmy Butler. I would love to watch Harden with a developing, up and coming KAT.

Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins.. I guess we would have to take the chance if we could get one of them for the right price but both of them would bring up as many questions (or more) as they would answer. Neither would be at my top list of targets.

Not that I think any of those are realistically obtainable. But it's fun to talk about anyway

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe my memory is off, but I don't think Boogie is 1/10 the defensive player that Sheed was.

7. MistaK

MistaK Member

There's so many studs that would work great with Harden. Ideally a wing with defense and ball handling skills or a big that can stretch the floor, rebound and pass...A. Davis; B. Griffin, P. George, K. Leonard...they would all be great fits....

If I had to pick one star player, it would DEFINITELY have to be Rubio!!...Add him to this team and we are gonna win it all...NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT3,...

D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Stick to what you have that is working....if we fail this season, then make changes. Never change stuff when stuff is clicking.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The second sentence (the explanation as to "why this player would be the best fit" wasn't even needed.

Hell, you could have typed the player's name, put in the period, and called it a day. Harden and Davis would destroy the league.

Alas, on to other pipe dreams! ;)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Cousins inside game would be a great fit for this team. Rebound, score and defend other bigs. The problem is his head and the cost. Too volatile. It would be nice to get a good defender/rebounder that can score some at the center position. Not sure who though. All depends on the price. Cousins is young enough and good enough I would give up Capela and other non rotation players to get him. Not sure that would be enough. His head though.

George would be a nice addition but at what expense? He would be a good replacement for Ariza if we needed to replace him. I would add him if the price was right (really low). Not saying he is worth a low price. Just don't want to give up much.

Korver would be excellent and shouldn't cost too much. There is some discussion in another thread about this. Of course anyone who is a deadly three point shooter is going to look much better on this team. Still needs to at least be an adequate defender which I think Korver is.

As you can tell I personally don't want to mess up what we have. Whoever we could add would probably not be star caliber if we don't want to give up anyone that affects our main core. Probably some quality depth is our best bet at this point. Reevaluate in the off season moving some guys to get a star guy. The playoffs will expose areas of improvement. Go from there.

#52 charlieaustin, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  13. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Pipe dream: Cousins, Davis, George

So your telling me there's a chance: Ibaka

Ibaka at the 5 leaves the paint open, shooters eeerrrwhere

14. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Only one guy here mentioned Kevin love. I know he's a defensive liability but his pick and pop game and three game is on point.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't know, you've got Curry and Durant on the same team now. Of course Murray would have to jettison most of the rest of the team to make it happen . . . .

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

There is already a second star with the team. His name is Eric Gordon.

D-rock and ramotadab like this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Chances are REALLY slim at acquiring an elite 2nd star with the trade pieces we have.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly right.

DD

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heresy! If we are dreaming, the obvious answer is Hakeem, not Jordan.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Anderson will be better than him in this system.