1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best sign language interpreter?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can anyone beat Georgia's?

arkoe likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bloomberg's interpreter during Sandy.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

For me it has to be the dutch sign langugae intepreter, here she is translating the request telling pepole no to hoard.

5. likestohypeguy

My favorite was during harvey, when the houston fire chief was speaking at a late night press conference, mayor standing beside him, everyone clearly exhausted. The fire chief paused mid sentence and looked sideways at the interpreter for a moment, then caught himself, started chuckling, and admitted he thought the interpreter was mocking him for a moment. Press, interpreter, everyone rofl'd. It was great.

Funniest covid-19 ASL moment so far:

[​IMG]

Wow that interpreter is the furthest removed into the background that I've seen. They're usually right up there with the speaker, because facial expressions are so important in conveying adjectives/adverbs. Yeah, I'm going to need you to move a little further back... why don't you go ahead, and climb those steps?

#5 likestohypeguy, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  6. Buck Turgidson

I remember that, but I don't. Remind us.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Why just have one interpreter when you can have two. Who will upstage and add a third.

One of the two interpreters laughed when Cuomo was airing his brothers dirty laundry on national tv and that was pretty funny.

#7 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member