1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Potential 1st Rnd Opponent for Rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BreakYoSelfFool, Mar 22, 2011.

?

Which Potential 1st Round Opponent is Best for the Rockets?

1. San Antonio Spurs

95 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Los Angeles Lakers

30 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Oklahoma City Thunder

37 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. BreakYoSelfFool

With the Playoffs approaching there is still a lot of room for movement in the Western Conference. The Rockets can realistically climb as high as a 5th or 6th seed, While there is still room for movement amoung the top 4 teams as well.

The question is which of the potential 1st round playoff opponents would the Rockets have the best chance of beating.

2. blink

blink Contributing Member

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

JINX THREAD NOOB

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Spurs will kill us.

I'm going with the Lakers.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

It would have to be the Thunder..

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To late for the 5th or 6th spots, Denver and Portland are playing way to good. Interesting that we are only 3 back of NOLA with a matchup still to be played but realistically we are looking at the 8th seed.

Sounds dumb to say but the Spurs, they aren't very long and Duncan isn't young anymore. Rockets can actually matchup somewhat decent against them. The biggest issue with the Spurs is their darn experience, they have prime time players who come up big in big movements. All that said, it has been a while since they won a 2nd round game.

The rest of those teams have size and stars, we'd need JHill and PPat to play out of their minds and Miller to find the fountain of youth.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Say mane...I need a lamp for my wife's 50" DLP....you got one?

9. BreakYoSelfFool

I actually think the opposite, especially with the fact that Duncan may be a little injured. I don't think we would want to rumble with the champs in the first round, although it is possible they may be slacking off and underestimate us, I think that the fact that we gave them the hardest non-finals series of their run would keep them on their toes.

I think that our best options would be the Texas rivals, and the age of the Spurs along with potential for injury gives them the edge. Also, the Rox own the Spurs in the Playoffs right? Maybe duncan will have flashbacks of Dr34m

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Thunder would kill us.

We just matchup better against the Lakers.

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

The Lakers and Spurs have a history of clutch playoff performances.

The Thunder have almost no playoff history at all.

The Mavericks have a history of choking. I pick the Mavericks.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Duncan is out, Spurs. That's who we are going to get anyway, if we make the playoffs.

13. BreakYoSelfFool

Perhaps you should check Portland's schedule

Lakers X's 2, San Antonio X's 2, Okc X's 2, and throw in NO and Memphis just for the heck of it. Also, remember how hot the Knicks were not too long ago, how did that work out for them?

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Eh the Knicks blew up their team for Melo, I called their demise. Portland is a darn good team, Roy is getting back into the swing of things and Wallace is starting to make a big difference. Tough schedule but considering they have the tie breaker, 3.5 games is really 4.5 with 12 to play for them. Rox would need to go something like 9-2 and hope Portland collapses with something like 5-7 I believe....not happening.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We have a better shot with the Spurs. Laker size is just too much for us. IMO, Lakers or Mavs would be the worst possible match up because they have 17 7-footers on their rosters. Spurs we have a chance because their bigs, Mcdyess, Duncan, Blair, Splitter, Bonner, aren't that huge and will have more difficulty shooting over our pint-size front court. Plus, Bonner, and Mcdyess are mostly jump shooters.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Spurs without a doubt. We matched up better against them all year.

Mavs would destroy us. Lakers won't let us sneak up on them again. OKC presents WAY too many issues

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If we make the playoffs we're drawing the Spurs.

I'm fine with that.

Yeah, they'll win the series. That doesn't mean we won't test them, though.

18. Steveng12

Steveng12 Member

Spurs would be an easy victory with no Duncan..I wouldn't be surprised if another player from the spurs went down

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I guess the spurs. Noe reason I want the rox to make the playoffs is so Kyle Lowry and Chuck Hayes can get some national recognition for how try work and how they give 110% everybody's it doesn't matter who it is.

We played the spurs well but lost and in a series idk how long we could jeep pace with them but you never know. Just Beleive !

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

^*crosses fingers that we make the playoffs*

1 person likes this.