1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Plays of Round 1 (Series by Series)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Going series by series, what were you guys favorite plays of round 1 so far?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALGBDx3wF3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALGBDx3wF3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EAST​

Atlanta vs Milwaukee:

The guy who makes the highlight reel on Atlanta is without a doubt Josh Smith. His block on Delfino was impressive because Delfino thought he had the easy layup on the other end. Using his athleticism, Smith ran back on defense for the easy block. Josh Smith's two handed alley oop also tops the list. On Milwaukee's side, Delfino's dunk on Smith was quite impressive. Brandon Jennings might not make highlights, but he has gotten the job done in this series and I predict the Bucks will win 4-2. Fear the Deer.

Cleveland vs Chicago:

Do I need to say anything for this series? Lebron is the King and with a triple double in Game 4 he helped push the Cavs past the Bulls. His best plays were his halfcourt shot (no, not heave. shot) to beat the buzzer at the end of the third quarter. His two handed power alley oop was also in the vicinity of his best plays of the series. For Chicago, Joakim Noah's 20-20 was very impressive.

Miami vs Boston

Although Boston won this series, the main highlights belong to Miami. Dwayne Wade's backwards tomahawk tops the list for this series. Michael Beasley's dunk at :23 in the video is a close second. Dwayne Wade posterizing KG at 1:47 was also impressive. The biggest play of the series, although, was Paul Pierce's gamewinner to win Game 3. You can do all the fancy stuff you want, but unless you win it doesn't matter.

Orlando vs Charlotte

Orlando, Orlando, Orlando. That is the main thing to say about this series. With a sweep by the Magic, there isn't much to say about the Bobcats. Wallace's block on Howard was decent, but other than that there wasn't much. For Orlando, Jameer Nelson had a running 4 point play. As usual, Dwight Howard nearly brought down the rim multiple times.

WEST

Los Angeles vs Oklahoma City

This has been my favorite series so far, although I expect the Lakers to win in 6. The best plays include Kobe swatting the ball away from Durant on a fastbreak. Kobe's alley oop to Bynum was impressive, as was his posterization of Nenad Kristic. Artest's dunk on Thabo Sefolosha was also posterizing. For OKC Durant's ankle breaker on Artest for the step back three topped my list. Russell Westbrook's dunk on the fastbreak was very impressive. for a point guard.

Denver vs Utah

Nene's dunk posterized Fesenko, which is the best of this series. The Nuggets haven't been playing with heart and are lacking leadership from Coach Karl. I'm not going to mention the Jazz because us Rockets fans hate them :).

Phoenix vs Portland

Jason Richardson's backwards alley oop from Nash has been the best play of this series so far. Phoenix has been outplaying Portland, although Roy has been injured and recently returned. The alley oop at 1:33 was the best for Portland so far. George Hill's block on Bayless also was quite impressive.

Dallas vs San Antonio

Dallas has simply been lacking intensity in this series, and San Antonio has taken advantage of it. This hasn't been the most exciting series, but the best play was Nowitzki to Marion, and then the dunk in Game 4.