1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best player(s) mentality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 14, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

On The Starters apparently CJ McCollum in game 7 said to the coach "I'll go get a bucket" - Lilliard was off - and he did again and again in the 4th. This guy has really impressed me with that game 7 performance, huge chase down block and then ice the game. My point? That's the type of mentality you'd want from your best guys. This is what Curry and Klay did late against us, Lilliard hit some shots late in game 7 as well.

We need a guy who has that mentality and it has to be one of your best players preferably. The sad thing is that both Harden and CP3 have shown in the regular season and also key games in the play-offs to just go out with confidence and deliver. I just haven't seen it when it matters most and there's unfortunately for Harden many moments in close out games where he just faded: 12 turnovers in 2015, choke job in 2016, last year didn't really play all that well in game 6 & 7, and lastly game 5 not shooting late and in the 4th of game 6 this year with 4 turnovers.

It's really a matter of coming through when push comes to shove and our best players just haven't done that last 2 years. Hope it changes or we find someone who has that mentality. That's the only reason I'd like Butler on this team as opposed to EGO who also didn't show that mentality either. That attack mode EGO faded quickly.

Thoughts?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McCollum has outplayed CP3 by far this year.

Dearest Jennifer, no layups.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

Also hearing Kawhi say that he was actually down on himself for missing a FT, not helping out hustling back to try to block Butler's shot, missing a few shots and then said regardless of what the coach comes up, he wants the shot. That's what you want from your best players right? I would've been more comfortable that Harden would learn from this if he had been pissed off in that press conference and said: "That turnover late, my missed FTs, my 4 turnovers in the 4th, that cannot happen and I should've been better." That's at least a step towards wanting to right the wrongs.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

In Harden's mind, strip club, here I am...

5. JW86

JW86 Member

I think that's also on MDA, I don't think he holds players accountable.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

held house accountable. that's why he never played a minute again after he struggled over and over

7. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]