1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Player of the Series--Boozer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yodels, May 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I have to give it up for the Jazz's Boozer...he was the best player of the series. The media tried to corner him by asking what he thought of T-mac & Yao being the 2 best players in the series before the series started. He said all the right things...it's important what he didn't say as well...he answered the question with his play just like MJ.

There are many great 4s in the league but Boozer has me convinced...he's as good as anyone.

2. kingkow

kingkow Member

Although he might be a good player, but no way that he could be this dominant in this series. Look at his jumpers, there is no way that something that has a higher altitude than a rainbow could possibly go in every game. The j*zz just got very lucky this game, lucky bounces all day long.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he was the best player because he had the biggest mismatch. we had no choice but to give up big numbers from boozer. yao was too slow to really dominate.

4. jlwee

jlwee Member

Boozer is the best player in the series no doubt about it!

You may say his jumpers were lucky shots but you just couldnt be so lucky the entire series. Give the guy some credit! If he was on rockets team, we will be contender !

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

You've never seen Purvis Short & Hakeem play have you? They had varying degrees of arch to their shot. That side step J that Boozer has reminds me of Hakeem.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Boozer was so good he had a child this series.......a girl who is 7"6'

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

To ask Yao to guard Boozer sucks. Who's idea is that? WTF!?

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

That made zero sense. The higher arc you shoot, the better chance it has of going in, idiot.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Boozer was sensational btw Yao will have nightmares of guarding him in his sleep.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Boozer did well for two major reasons:

1 Yao couldn't guard him because his jumpshot was on. This was a complete mismatch but putting Yao on Okur would have been a huge mistake.

2 Boozer is a very poor defender that other teams abused all season long. The Rockets PFs are pathetic on offense and Boozer was able to rest on defense the whole series, except when he decided to help out.

Let's face it, our PFs are sorry. I've seen other Jazz games where the opposing PF has a field day on Boozer because he is a poor man-to-man defender. In fact, Sloan called him out on this earlier in the season. This is why we better trade for a new starting PF next season. I like Chuck but he just isn't good enough. Millsap (a rookie) is already just as good. Even a guy like Turiaf is a much more versatile player who does everything better than Chuck.

11. absentfriend

absentfriend Member

If you think this is funny then you are just a donkey...

Use a center to defend a PF, thanks JVG...\\\

12. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

:D JVG is a genius?

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Would you rather have Yao defend the 3 point line? I think not.

14. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

And even Never tried to change it :mad: :mad:

15. dividend

dividend Member

Boozer will always be a traitor (Cleveland)

I will always remember him at all-star weekend when Jason Richardson decided to pop some of Boozer's acne by throwing the ball off his face and knocking down the 3 point jumper.

I will lose more respect for him everytime I hear him screaming. Anytime he misses a wide open jumper, he has to yell. Anytime he shoots a jumper in the paint whether he makes it or not, he has to yell AND1.

He's a great player, but just shut up and play. You benefit from a lot of touch calls, so stop complaining.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wow, don't make a statement like that and call someone an idiot.

so you're telling us that you can shoot it up to the roof of the Toyota Center, and that'd have a better chance of going in than shooting it with a regular 3-5 feet above the rim arc? Amazing logic!

17. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Oh my goodness, is your mind so fu*ked up after the loss that you are out to insult our players? He might not have played a good series. But you are as stupid as the haters who said Tmac soft because he cried in the post-game interview. You are a girly man to have to insult someone only when hiding behind your monitor. Coward.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

You're thinking too technical. Anyone with a brain or any basketball would know what i was talking about.

19. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Your reply is as stupid as the post that you replied to.

20. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

He makes less than TMac and Yao, too!