1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best place to get Astros tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DarkHorse, Jul 12, 2017.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I live in Austin these days, but I wanna catch a game when I'm in town. What's the best place to get ticket? I don't need any awesome seats or anything, maybe something better than the cheapest of cheap seats. I assume that the box office isn't the best, but maybe it is?

TIA, Clutchfans.

2. body slam

body slam Member

I always use the box office or scalpers. There use to be a tent across the street from MM on the corner of Texas. I have friends that said they got a good deal there.

3. jsingles

jsingles Member

Don't flame me too hard if this irritates people. Weekday games are 50-60% full, maybe even less. There are usually tickets for under $10, buy a few of them, then go sit in the lower section along the baselines. I've done this several times and have not had a single person question what's going on. Also, if you're a regular at the games, this is extremely common. People will walk down in the second inning and just find an empty area, it's beyond obvious those aren't their seats but they do it anyway. I'm not saying it's right, but it happens, I try to feel better about it by buying $25-30 worth of food.

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

5. astroscolt45

astroscolt45 Member

6. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I recommend Seat Geek. Use the promo code FANTASY and you get a $20 refund on your first purchase.

AB423 likes this.
  7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

They aren't SRO tickets. They give you your seat location 7 hours before the game and they are 95% lower level.

I've only gotten upperdeck once and that was on a Friday night.

8. newAge_Rockets

Nah, they're labeled as SRO tickets but a few hours before each game they give you an assigned seat. The seat is based off availability and since it's only Monday thru Thursday games, you'll almost always be awarded lower level tickets.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Had 2 guys do this a couple of weeks ago when I was at a game. They were almost crucified but not because they hopped seats but for being douches.
    They were very much inebriated and decided they were going to try and start the wave. They were somewhat successful so they started celebrating with everyone in the area. They talked a kid in a Mugsy Bogues hornets jersey into standing up and helping them in return for a beer (the kid looked like he was about 14). They left and went and got him a drink (not a beer) and came back, deciding to try to start the wave back up. In the process of doing this one of the guys drops the beer he was holding and it sprayed about 15 people including a couple of little kids. Guy apologizes to one guy next to him and ignores the fact that he just hosed down almost 2 rows of people. He was more worried about losing the beer than anything else. a few people started in with him and both guys ran off. So the moral is if you are going to jump seats, don't start the wave, and don't spray the people in your new section with beer.

jsingles likes this.
  10. jsingles

jsingles Member

I live my life, regardless of scenario, under these exact guidelines

Castor27 likes this.
  11. AB423

AB423 Member

thanks for the code, it gave me 10$ off.