1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best place to buy a mattress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by xcamm1, Nov 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

I'm in the market for a new mattress and was looking for advice on where to go. Not wanting to buy some cheap *****, but I do want a good deal. Any ideas on where to check out would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Costco and Sams

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Denver Mattress Company, they have great products and are wonderful to deal with. They have non prorated warranties on some products. They replaced a three year old $1400 mattress at no cost when we complained it wasn't holding up. That is very rare.

4. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

There isn't one quick fix that I know of. Do lots of research, of course actually lay on some, don't commit when you're in the store without comparing first.

1800mattress.com
    amazon.com
    sears.com

...to get prices on the ones you like. Then go to a brick and mortar with a set price in mind. I got a guy at Sleep Train (California) to beat the best online price by $200 when I almost walked out. There are options that can save you money too, like getting the box spring at a discount because somebody bought it then brought it back. In Texas, try Mattress Firm or Costco.

5. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I just bought a queen tempurpedic rhapsody from mattress firm for $2,000 otd including tax. It retails for 3,500. I have never slept better.

Tempurpedic is price-locked but the salesman went out of his way to find me one at the outlet.

If I wasn't looking for tempurpedic I would buy from Costco

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

7. redefined

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I recently bought one at Mattress Firm and haggled the price down quite a bit.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

(side bar)

This reminds me of something.

When looking for a wife, beds will be A LOT cheaper if you share the same sleeping habits, as in temperature and firmness...just saying

;)

10. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Hmm.
    This will be a very interesting thread as I am a sales representative for a major bedding company.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am about to replace the one in my van. Give me your home address and the times you are home and I will deliver the old one.

12. redefined

Can you confirm whether I got a good deal on my tempurpedic?

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I bought one on Amazon.com recently. It was free shipping and so I went with them since I didn't want to pay the local delivery fee.

14. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

This place looks legit. I think I'm going to check them out. Can anyone speak from personal experience about them?

15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Only the poors buy at Mattress Firm and haggle.

16. Illegal Machine

I bought a king sized iComfort from Mattress Firm. We returned it when we found that we could get two XL Twins customized at Texas Mattress Makers for $300 less.

So my wife has her side that is customized for how she likes it, and I've got my side customized how I like it.

The price difference between on King and two XL Twins at Mattress Firm is INSANE. And we have an adjustable base (two XL Twins sync'd), so now we can adjust our sides independently.

If we would have just replaced that King with another King, we would have saved even more.

The customer service was 1000X better. They actually watched us lay on the bed and told us everything to consider when buying a mattress. The people at Mattress Firm were just pushing their most expensive products.

17. Illegal Machine

I've got a truck, so I can't speak to their deliver service. They did help me load it in my truck and strap it down.

18. Illegal Machine

OH! And obviously, the return policy at a place like Mattress Firm is better. At TMM they give you a window to let them know what you don't like about it, and they'll fix it. The owner at one point said if they have to come to your house and watch you lay on it and figure out WHY you're not comfortable, they do it. But you have to be able to VERBALIZE why you don't like it. They're not just going to give you your money back.

Also, I shouted out Sean Pendergast from 1560am when he asked how I heard about them.