1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Passer on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Apr 10, 2010.

?

Best Passer

1. Chuck Hayes

80 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. Aaron Brooks

28 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Kyle Lowry

184 vote(s)
    58.2%
  4. Kevin Martin

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. The Black Joe Johnson

9 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other

11 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. DJ

DJ Member

Looking at highlights, it is always exciting to see a player do a spectacular play, whether it is a sensational dunk or an unbelievable block. It is equally thrilling to me to see a clever, "how did he do that" pass. Throughout the year there has been several highlight assists. Just for fun, who do you thing is the best passer of the Rockets?

Those who stand out to me the most are Chuck Hayes and Kyle Lowry. Chuck Hayes is an extremely good passer. When he is working the high post, he always finds the cutting man. His courtside vision is sometimes as good as a guard (too bad he can't shoot). He has a knack for the bounce pass to a cutting player. Even bigger than that, the behind the back pass in traffic to a slashing Brooks, or Martin is legendary.

Kyle Lowry also deserves some recognition for his passes, too. He always seem to find the right person when he is leading the fastbreak and he seems to know what pass is most appropriate. His upside downside to Jermaine Taylor two weeks ago was amazing.

Who do you think is the best passer on the Rockets? Kyle? Chuck? Or Aaron Brooks? What about the black Joe Johnson?

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Probably Kyle or Chuck

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kyle Lowry.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

To me it's a toss up between Chuck and Lowry.

Chucks passes are always sick though. behind the back or Touchdown passes.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Chuck...maybe Kyle

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry>Chuck>Chase

And honestly, Trevor can throw up some big assist games every now and again.

Save the flaming I praised Trevor!!! :grin:

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Probably Lowry, but Chuck's made more notable passes especially from the paint. Also Brooks has had some pretty amazing spin passes through some pretty tight windows. I don't know if he bounce passes more because he uses english so well or if his english is good because he bounce passes so often (which could also be because of his height).

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Kyle no doubt.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lowry is only a good passer on the fast break. He is below average in the half court.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. Lowry
    2. Hayes
    3. Budinger

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

But still he is the best passer on our team.

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Lowry is the best. Budinger has good vision. Chuck is really good but he can't dribble worth crap so we see maybe one good pass a game.

13. devin23

devin23 Member

No disrepect, but its kinda sad that Brooks can't even make the top 3 best passer in the team when he's a starting pg.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he's not a point guard.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

where is the tracy mcgrady option and it is sad there are not more highlights of him passing

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kyle Lowry is the best transition passer, but the best passer in the half court offense is Chase Budinger.

Sure he is....that is his position.

He is a scoring PG.....kind of like Tony Parker, but a better jump shooter.

DD

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe. I don't think "best passer" is so easy to judge. In fact I think that is one of the harder basketball skills to judge. By contrast to, for instance, three point shooting, which can be judged pretty effectively just by looking at the percentage.

Assists are supposed to be the "passing stat", but they are clearly problematic for a number of reasons, since they do not factor in the difficulty of the pass, rely heavily on the abilities of the player being passed to, etc.

18. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Chase Budinger has good court vision, good passing skill and he always makes the right decisions on offense. Those touch passes in transition offense are sweet. People don't realize he's the best passer on this team because Chase doesn't have enough playing time to show them and he is mainly utilized as a shooter coming off screens right now. When certain players at the same position get traded or go down due to injuries (god forbid) at some point next season, prepare to be amazed by Chase's repertoire people! :p

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Chase Budinger is crisp with his passes and simply doesnt turn the ball over, more than being a pure playmaking passer at least in my eyes. Hayes has a better assist/TO ratio than Budinger. That still makes Budinger the 3rd best passer in that he does it naturally in the active flow off the offense. Thats the problem with spot up shooters. They're required to shoot off screens than make plays off screens.

Lost within all the Ariza bashing is that Ariza has been an effective passer this year. 3.8 assists to 2.2 TOs isnt great but fairly good compared to the criticism he gets of being a low IQ numbnut. And he's done that in an offense that requires being "cerebral"

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I do not know if he is the best, but Wagon Vision is pretty good