1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best or easy to root for 5'5" UFC fighters

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Outlier, Jul 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I only watch UFC from to time and i'm really curious which fighters are 5'5" (no more, no less) and are good and easy to root for. Doesn't have to be a champ. Thanks.

2. SSP365

SSP365 Member

why dont you just watch boxing? its a better sport with much more talented athletes and its full of 5'5-5'6 guys.

147lbs and down.

3. sew

sew Member

yawn.

Demetrious Johnson/John Dodson/Joseph Benavidez are probably the top 3 flyweights right now. (all three are under 5'4)

Out of those three, I'd say Demetrious Johnson is the easiest to root for.

4. SSP365

SSP365 Member

so you prefer men with inferior athleticism and stamina hugging and rolling on the ground.

good to know.

5. sew

sew Member

I enjoy both sports, actually.

6. SSP365

SSP365 Member

based on your first response i dont think you do.

7. sew

sew Member

I was yawning in response to this.

better sport? that's subjective.

better athletes? that's just false.

8. SSP365

SSP365 Member

boxing is better than mma and they also produce better athletes.

that's a true story.

9. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Humor us a bit with some enlightenment then. As certain as you sound, there must be something to back it besides your abstract personal opinions.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt to save yourself from looking completely ignorant.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

How does he look completely ignorant because he prefers boxing to MMA?

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

By saying things like this:

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Idk, everyone has their favourite sports, but i wouldnt say NRL players are equal to NFL players in terms of athleticism in certain cases. its just preference nbd

13. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

He hasn't been saying he prefers boxing. He's saying it's a superior sport with superior athletes. It's not a fine line distinguishing the two. I have preferences too, but I don't go around telling people pears are a better fruit than apples like there is something to substantiate such a stupid statement.

14. SSP365

SSP365 Member

b*tch please. the fact that you have to ask makes you already look ignorant.

BOXING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MMGHAY.

That's a fact jack.

Boxing has elite athletes in almost every division. Not the same as mmghay.
    Boxing has elite fighters in almost every division. Cant say the sam for mmghay.
    Boxing always produces transcendent athletes. There hasnt been a transcendent mmghayer.
    Boxing produces icons. Cant say the same for mmghay.
    Boxing superstars always out draw MMGHAY stars.

MMGHAY has plateaued. They dont have a proper minor league system that continually pump out talent each year like boxing does with the amateur and olympic system. Much like nba does with college bball, the nfl with college football, baseball with the minor and college leagues.

If you're not satisfied with that answer, i can make a whole new thread explaining why boxing will always be better than MMGHAY.

btw,

apples are better than pears.

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Don't bother. If I were interested in your brand of reasoning, I'd find a dim-witted 9 year old to debate with.

Good luck with being punchy, or eating paint chips, or whatever learning disability lead to you believe "Boxing always produces transcendent athletes. There hasnt been a transcendent mmghayer" was a sound reasoning.

16. SSP365

SSP365 Member

so instead of proving my points wrong with your own proper rebuttal, you go with a lame and feeble attempt at a personal attack.

What transcendent athlete or icon has mmghay produced?

Shall we compare it to boxing?

1920s and 30s had Jack Dempsey. Certified Legend and Icon.
    40s and 50s had Joe Louis. Certified Legend and Icon.
    60s and 70s had Muhammad Ali. Certified Legend and Icon.
    80s had the Fab 4 Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran. Certified Legends and Icons.
    90s had Mike Tyson, Chavez Sr. and Oscar. Certified Legends and Icons.
    2000s Present Time we have Mayweather and Pacquiao

What does MMAGHAY? Have?

Hopefully you can offer a much better and elaborate rebuttal than elementary putdowns.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Boxing is going the way of the dodo.

It needs reform.

And by the way you're calling it mmghay, I don't think anyone here is going to want to discuss or debate boxing v mma with you. You just don't seem reasonable. I am imagining you right now with index fingers in your ears saying nah nah nah nah nah. Can't hear you nah nah nah nah nah.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

An opinion can't be proofed, and I'm not interested in trying to change your mind on the topic. You're asking me to give a rebuttal, and "prove" to you why blue is better than orange. It's absurd.

Massive generalization.

Nick Diaz is possibly the most well conditioned athlete in combat sports today. Show me the boxer that competes in 8-9 triathlons, 4-5 of which are XTERRA races yearly.

So, a total of 2 since the inception of the UFC.

Royce Gracie is transcendent by definition(The actual definition. Probably not your interpretation of the word). He's also been in a 90 minute fight (Almost the length of 3 straight championship boxing matches), and a 36 minute single round. Further evidence against your "inferior stamina" claim.

Georges St-Pierre & Jon Jones are both world class athletes.

Anyway, you win. You've goaded me into arguing circular logic. I'm going to go back to enjoying the best of both worlds.

19. SunsRocketsfan

water sucks.. Gatorade is better

20. HRockets

HRockets Member

I don't post often, but this is the most igonorant post I have seen in a long while. You sound like an immature child. It only appears as if you are trying to pick a fight. If you don't like MMA then don't respond to this thread when someone else is looking for a genuine answer.