1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best on-demand voice recognition device?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I realized today that a device that would listen for me constantly (without me pressing a button) to take notes, add items to the grocery list, add items to my calendar, etc, would be massively time-saving. I would like to have this feature in a few key spots in my house, and possibly one in my car.

What's the best thing out there right now?

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

3. Xerobull

Not reliable enough, and I have to figure out ways to make it work. Although, there are hacks to get me an all expenses paid vacation in Cuba. I'll put it on the 'maybe' list.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Amazon Echo works well for us

5. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Google Home hasn't caught up with functionality of Echo. Great thing about Google Home is that it interprets questions better than the Echo and you can ask follow up questions. More smart products work with Echo than Home.

Go cheap with Amazon Dot, only 50 bucks and has all the features of Echo without the speak quality.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Your wife

TheRealist137 likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Pics or GTFO.

I bought 3 Echo Dots ($20 off). We'll see how they work out. I need them to send pictures of wives.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs! Don't be lazy. Do it by hand. :p

10. Xerobull

That's silly. Leverage technology to save time & be more efficient. Didn't you use a keyboard to compose your message?

SwoLy-D likes this.
  11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:mad: Really? That's because it's IMPOSSIBLE to send my message to every one of you ****s or personally go tell each one of you my response to this thread. Bad comparison, mister efficiency!

Or... can I? ;)

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I use Evernote to transcribe my thoughts to the Cloud. My dreams, ambitions and struggles all reside on a computer server in Estonia.

13. Xerobull

So far I love the Echo & Alexa service. My wife did use it to burn me on a couple of debate points, but we laughed.

Surprisingly the timer is the most-used feature in my house so far, for cooking, workouts, naps and cracking the whip on our dawdling 11-year-old when he needs to be a little faster. A little pricey for a stopwatch but we're growing our use. The jokes and random facts are fun to use as well.

I'd say the only thing I've found lacking so far is a constant recording so I can play back my low-talking wife's speech so I don't have to ask her to repeat herself. I have worn puffy pirate shirts way too many times.