1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best non fast food burger in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

The Cliff's out west was one of our local "families take the kids to eat and hang out" places along with La Hacienda and others. I started hitting Ron's Pub for beer and darts when in was 18 and back from college, went to that Cliff's a couple of times. You're right about maybe not the best, but the nostalgia factor would be strong. I can still smell/taste the poppyseed buns.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just get the standard burger and it has always been great for the price. Great bun and burger is fine. Quite greasy but that is par for the course. They don't fall into the "make a super thick patty" trap.

I'm with you on the gimmicks though. avoid at all costs

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man. Crappy strip center, crappy bar, meh burger. Sorry 18 treated you so bad. But yeah, if you want to walk into a place that still somehow smells like cigarettes inside, head back to Ron's and make a night of it.

4. Buck Turgidson

Went to Ron's for the darts, there were always good players there. Went to Cliff's a couple of times for nostalgia.

But hey, we couldn't all live in College Station.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Willy Burger is the one who just opened in Katy. It's legit.

6. Sync

Sync New Member

Guys Meat Market off OST just west of 288 sells delicious smoked burgers starting around 11am until they run out. Nothing fancy and crazy like all those gimmick burger spots just the basic fixins but the burger itself is as tasty as i've had around town.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yep. Mentioned it in my post. Should be noted though that it's to-go only. Still, it's better to eat that burger in my truck than grab lunch at just about any other nearby place.

Indaface likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I've never had a problem with Fudruckers getting my burger cooked right and it was alwys good. That was when I was a kid though. they still had a whole cow hanging being butchered in the window. Oh and frozen yogurt shop next door. I think the Scooby Doo Pizza PLace was down the street too....

Good times

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Might be giving this a try soon.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just don't understand how you can cook burgers all day long and not be able to identify a medium burger. Chef Ramsey would have a field day ragging on these line cooks. Next time it happens...I'm going to take it back. I'VE HAD IT! NO MORE MR. NICE GUY! SOMEONE IS IN FOR A b**** OUT B/C THEN I HAVE TO BRING UP ALL THE OTHER TIMES AT THE SAME LOCATION.

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

You are obviously in The Woodlands :)

I agree with you about Fuddruckers. We have stopped going to the one on Grogan's because it always sucks now. I don't know if they have new management or what but it is pretty terrible. I am 100% in agreement about them being well done. Also, it is typically a pigsty. I never have to go there again.

If you are looking for a good burger in The Woodlands, I suggest Del Frisco's Grille. I don't often order burgers but I think theirs is awesome.

Surprisingly, Cheesecake Factory also has a pretty great burger as well.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Same owner. Also owns Melt and some other places coming soon.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Broke a year of silence making your first post about Guy's burgers.

I'll check it out soon.... I live nearby.

14. Buck Turgidson

Whaddaya mean by a "smoked" burger?

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I won't say they compare to restaurant-quality, but Walmart's are much better than fast food, and cheaper.

They're sold by weight, so you can buy one, then make your call.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

You need to try Rainbow Lodge on Friday. They only make roughly a dozen each week, but. Man Oh Man.

They take all of their leftover game meat and grind it up. And because of its lean quality, order medium rare.

17. Buck Turgidson

I eat axis & venison & wild pig burger all the time, got a freezer full of that stuff. I wanna know what a "smoked" burger is.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've heard of another place notorious for this; although I forgot the name, mainly because regardless of how you smoke the burger it still won't come out nearly as juicy as I like my typical burger.

(and BTW, totally need to try the juicy lucy at JCI)

19. Buck Turgidson

Right? I'm assuming it would be dry and way too smokey. Maybe if you wrapped the patty in bacon and then smoked it....

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the Super Burger Original in Willis has the best burger I've ever had. Get the Jalapeno Roll.

Nothing fancy. Just an excellent burger.