1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Movies with Houston as the location?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Every time I see the Astrodome, I think of this dramatic scene:

[​IMG]

the shark likes this.
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I haven't seen Reality Bites in years. Did they actually ever mention it was Houston?

Student Bodies is a great reference. I caught it on late night TV in 1995 while at school and realized the football scene was filmed at Taylor High School.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

There is a scene where a radio is playing in the background and they mention "right here in Houston"

regarding Rushmore, i'm certainly not the end all be all on the matter, but I have never heard or read Anderson confirm that it was actually set in Houston, even though the Wikipedia description even says so.

Bottle Rocket ,to me, had the feel of a Texas movie, but it turns out there is no reference to location in that one either.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

[​IMG] Well I've never been more wrong about something. it turns out the location is revealed within the first five minutes of Rushmore's opening.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Even if it was some mythical other place, anyone who lived in Montrose at the time :cool: knew they were doing some filming at St John's.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Even more disturbing is that the Blume Technologies letter to Rushmore indicates they've gone international, as the world's foremost innovator of high-tech, high-performance communications and security technology. They have all your data. And all hackers have been trying to take them down for years.

[​IMG]

7. Buck Turgidson

It's such a simple scene, but when Bill Murray is walking through the little kids playing basketball and just casually gives them the Hakeem-style rejection, that cracks me up every time.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  8. heypartner

[​IMG]

I love the internet

9. Buck Turgidson

Awesome. He put more hustle into that than I remembered.

10. heypartner

but looks like he was on the phone....so maybe said, "Hold on second, I have to take this."

11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If you can find a better moment of Houston cinematography than this scene where Winona and her tigoles come bouncing out the front of the Transco Tower...then you're a better man than I.

A Tiger's Tale filmed a scene at my high school's cafeteria, so yeah. Kind of a big deal in Hollywood.

I'm torn between Rushmore and Reality Bites for best Houston movie. Rushmore's the higher quality, but Reality Bites features more of the city. When I watch RB, I'm home.

12. heypartner

the video of the "bouncing tigoles"

I love the internet

#92 heypartner, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    chievous minniefield likes this.