1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best guess on what Daryl Morey does next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jerry West works for the Clippers...

2. TheSource

TheSource Member

Try to trade for Jimmy Butler

Plowman likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

My guess...Denver. They could make a really intriguing offer.

PhilCollins and justtxyank like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Aminu for Anderson gives you a younger only slightly better player but the money doesn't work for a straight up trade. But that's what I would try because Anderson gave us nothing in the postseason and if did we might be world champs. Meanwhile Aminu increased all his stats in their short postseason.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Kevin Love >>>>> Anderson and its not even close. Kevin Love would be the perfect stretch 4 in our system. Can you imagine all the open 3s he would get?

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I like this idea, maybe sign Luc to a Vet min again if we are lucky or maybe Ariza since we have bird rights? Phoenix might want more assets but I think we should do it. We would definitely need more depth at the 4 which Ariza and/or Luc could provide.

If Evans is not possible, I would target Seth Curry with the MLE. He doesn't seem like a complete liability on defense (I could be wrong) and he would have at least made a couple of shots in Game 7 as good of a shooter as he is.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

They have a *lot* of assets.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but i can also imagine all the open 3s the Warriors will get against us.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

KL has the exact same problems on the defensive side as Ryno. the open 3s dont matter. the people talking about offense only do not understand what the rockets have shifted their focus and gameplan to facing this GS team

Pat likes this.
  10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Portland just spent all of their draft picks on young guards. Evan Turner feels like the odd man out here.

Wonder if they'd be interested in a Ryno and Onuaku (+ 2nd) for Aminu and Turner swap.

PDX would inch away from the luxury tax and get a floor spacer for their offense.

HOU would get two wings who can play in our switching defense. Turner could act as a ball-handler off the bench (mediocre shooter though), and Aminu provides 3-and-D as a backup 3/4

Little Bit likes this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I would do a Batum for Anderson swap.

Atleast we can use Batum against the Warriors.

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Pretending that my argument is to keep Ryno and ignore the problem shows a level of ignorance that only our President could aspire to.

Again, read my post. Flipping Ryno for nothing or trash, cutting him, a buyout, or flex cut doesn't fix the problem. Houston will be as limited now as they will be after such moves. Getting rid of Ryno alone doesn't solve the problem. So Morey's number one priority should be adding value players like your Gerald Greens of the NBA and then when the time is right get rid of Ryno. I highly doubt he gets value for Ryno in the next 3/4 months.

Nook likes this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I like this idea, maybe sign Luc to a Vet min again if we are lucky or maybe Ariza since we have bird rights? Phoenix might want more assets but I think we should do it. We would definitely need more depth at the 4 which Ariza and/or Luc could provide.

If Evans is not possible, I would target Seth Curry with the MLE. He doesn't seem like a complete liability on defense (I could be wrong) and he would have at least made a couple of shots in Game 7 as good of a shooter as he is.

14. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I feel sorry for the guy in the white. Minding his own business. Walking over to the bench. Then

BAM!

You get dunk'd on the the guy puts his junk all AROUND your head.

He probably has a twitch now.

lionaire likes this.
  15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Next offseason I want to see us throw the max at Donkey.

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Next off season Ryan Anderson will have a sexy 1 yr 20 million contract

lionaire likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Go for the Summer League title.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm slightly opposed to using
    the MLE on Luc or Green. Luc would have been worth all of it, if he hadn't gotten injured. Recovering from a serious injury isn't easy. Green is erratic, thus he should be offered the veteran minimum, as mentioned in a different thread.

The MLE should be used on the best UFA available. I think Tyreke will refuse it, but the Rockets should let him know that they are willing to offer it to him. 2nd choice should be Mike Scott or Jerami Grant. O'Quinn should be the 3rd choice, or split it between Gerald Green and a healthy Seth Curry. If Curry isn't fit, then pass up on him.

BMoney likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nook likes this.
  20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Morey does more in the summer than in February.

All of his big moves have been in the summer.

Artest, Ariza, Asik/Lin, Harden, Dwight, Gordon/Anderson, Paul, etc...

The only big moves he’s made in February were for Lowry and Dragic. I guess the T-Mac trade for Jordan Hill and picks can be included as well.

True Rocket likes this.