1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Disposable Razors?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've used these in the past, but wondering if anyone knows any that could be better. They're great but a little pricey for disposable razors.

[​IMG]

2. SuraGotMadHops

I love these, and I grow some thick stubble. I can get at least a week with each razor.

[​IMG]

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Sensor Excel 3 was the best ever for me. I got into the dollar shave club. $3.00 for 4 2-blade cartridges. Not worth it. Blades suck.

#3 Falcons Talon, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

JUST bought some blades from Dorco USA's website. These are the exact blades that Dollar Shave Club buys and resells at a mark up.

Bought a razor and and 22 total blades for $27 shipped. Supposedly it's as good as the Fusion blade but at a fraction of the cost.

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you tried Dollar Shave Club? Not disposable, but such a great price that you can afford to buy an extra handle to only use for travel.

6. steddinotayto

See my post. The blade and razor they sell is the same EXACT ones sold by dorcousa.com but at a fraction of the cost. The benefit of Dollar Shave Club is that they send it to you as needed and you don't have to buy in bulk which, to me, isn't an issue since you can store your blades somewhere dry at home anyways.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

12 cents each

[​IMG]

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Not to derail this thread but has anyone used or uses a double edge safety razor? Any tips? Can I use the regular canned gel? I just got mine in the mail today. I have extremely sensitive skin and this is what I was referred to after having issues with ingrown hairs from shaving. I just don't want to look like Freddy Krueger when I am done.

9. steddinotayto

I've never shaved with a double edge razor before but have you tried shaving cream instead of the gel? I've used the Art of Shaving cream with a brush and it gave me a "smoother" shave than canned gel.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Yeah you can use canned stuff. I don't, but you can. If you are getting ingrown hairs and have sensitive skin your canned goo might be the real problem though.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have tried only the creams and and gels I see at the grocery stores. The best one I have used was the Every Man Jack Sensitive Gel and it was better but I still got them on my neck. What shaving soap/cream/gel/goo and brush do you use?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Get an electric razor.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is what I have been using for years.

14. Bandwagoner

I use a brush and all different kinds of creams and soaps. Any cream or soap made for sensitive skin without menthol should be fine. If you still get ingrown hairs it is likely your razor. If I use a multiblade on my neck it gets really red and I get bumps no matter what cream I use so I switched to a DE and it is fine now.

15. Bandwagoner

How much are those? I tried some 3 bladed Bic disposables that were not bad. 8 bucks for 8 cartridges at Krogers or somewhere like that.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They are about 1.55 per razor on Amazon. I like them because they're disposable but don't feel like it. I only use them once but I also only shave about twice a week.

17. Bandwagoner

They sell a huge pack of those or something like them at Costco if that helps. It may be the Mach 3 disposable and not the Sensor 3.

18. steddinotayto

I've used this one with their branded badger brush:

Art of Shaving Shaving Cream

I'll get it as a stocking stuffer and when it runs out I'll switch over to the cheap gel one that Gillette makes.

As far as the shave, the brush/cream combo IMO pulls the hairs up a bit better for a better shave and it's not as abrasive as using the gel.

But you might want to look into the double edge that Bandwagoner suggested also because if the sensitive cream/gel hasn't helped you might need to switch to a different razor or even go electric.

19. Bandwagoner

I have a mostly unwarranted hate of art of shaving products so I will suggest a cheap Simpsons best badger or any Omega boar brush as cheaper and better than the AOS brush.

Taylor of Old Bond street for Sensitive Skin is also cheaper/better than AoS, but you can also use Nivea, Proraso, or dozens of soap manufactures.

20. steddinotayto

lol I think I can understand the hatred (is it the stores in the mall? it is for me). I use it because my wife gifts it to me ever so often.