1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Case scenario if the Rocks don't make the playoffs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CriscoKidd, Dec 17, 1999.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know it's waaay early to be expecting anything like this, but i just wanted to throw this out there.

1. If the Rockets do bad enuff then we could get a relatively high pick(1-7).

2. If the Magic do good enuff, above .500 or so, and make the playoffs, then we could get their pick next year, and it would probly be a mid-level pick, like 16 or sumthin. We could either use this pick, or use it with ours to move higher in the draft.

I'm not too sure about #1, cuz it seems as though we might be the one of the best teams to not make the playoffs, barring any other injuries. But I'm a little hopeful of #2 happening. The Magic are doing pretty good, beating the teams they should, and putting up good efforts against the teams they shouldn't beat. The only really crappy team that they have lost to has been the Mavs, and we know all avout them .... [​IMG]

Just an interesting scenario I've been toying around with. If we got both picks, what players(or player) would you guys want to pick up?

------------------
    Crisco melts in your mouth, not in your hands.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

First player we get is Kenyon Martin, the power forward then we would go after a small forward. I dont know who will be there by then but we can get someone good if that happens.

BUT KENYON MARTIN IS THE MAN!

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I admit I dont know much bout college prospects. Francis3 - how tall is Kenyon Martin? I'm a little tired of undersized PFs.

------------------
    Crisco melts in your mouth, not in your hands.