1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernard Hopkins

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Nice Rollin, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I dont know if anyone watched that fight tonight, but damn....Whether cloud is overrated or not, to beat an undefeated champion who is seventeen years younger than him is incredible.

At 48, he is still a boxing technician. As long as he's still winning, he's okay to stick around in my book

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You aren't lying! It is impressive to say the least. I still laugh thinking about him doing pushups in the ring against Jean Pascal and then beating him easily.

3. VanityHalfBlack

You know nothing about boxing, crawl back to your hole!:grin:

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The wife and I were just marveling at Hopkins, that guy is just incredible. What he's doing at his age is nuts!

5. IKant

IKant Member

Cloud is a volume puncher with power, and Hopkins made him fight his fight. It was a boxing class for Cloud

1 person likes this.
  6. SunsRocketsfan

im surprised ESPN and the sporting world isnt giving what Hopkins did over the weekend a bit more coverage. What he did at 48 is truly remarkable. Like the guy or not you gotta respect him for his dedication to stay in shape and work that much harder to keep his body in top condition at 48.
    Hopkins won by being aggressive and made Cloud fight his fight. This wasn't slow old Foreman at 45 type win. Hopkins and Mayweather are definitely the top of the game when it comes to boxing tactics and smarts.