1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Berkman Hurt in game vs Mets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Brando2101, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Berkman injured with Strained groin

Lance was taken out in the 4th after legging out a double with a Strained groin. He shouldn't be allowed to go faster than a swift jog. It's so difficult watching him run around the outfiled. I would rather see a single than Lance try anything fancy with his bum knee and wide waistline.

jesus....

#1 Brando2101, Jul 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  2. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Looked like he pulled something in his groin area. Hard to tell exactly what the problem is though. Please don't be the knee...

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Lance is not fat. His face is chubby, but the guy is in good shape.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lance shouldn't wear those high cleats. He runs like a gimpy old man on roller skates.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hate seeing him run. This is why I also hate him playing in the outfield instead of 1st base.

6. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

The astros first legit injury to a key player. Should be interesting to see how they deal with it.

7. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

what a dumb thing to say. ensberg isn't a key player? and didn't have a legit injury? :rolleyes:

8. Rule0001

no he's not. If you look at his career numbers, they are not staggering. He had his best year last year, and ppl expect him to put up similar numbers this year. His downfall was inevitable.

he's not an impact bat

#8 Rule0001, Jul 23, 2006
  9. Rule0001

Ok, i just confirmed my suspicion.

The reason Ensberg hits for a low average is bc he's a product of MMP. He's a dead pull hitter, and there's nothing wrong with that. But his stance causes him to be vunerable to pitches away. For the last 3 years his numbers have dropped significantly while playing on the road. MMP is built for right handed pull hitters with the nonexistent lf.

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The Stros just can't get a break. They beat the best in the NL and finally get Oswalt some run support and lose their best hitter.. :(

11. Ryan Bowen MVP

He's third in the MLB for RBI's right now, only 5 behind Oritz and 2 more than Pujols, how is that not impressive?

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

he was talking about ensberg

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Morgan has had a .890 OPS or better in three of his four legit MLB seasons. That's pretty staggering, and is indeed an impact bat. And it's more than just one year, despite what many fans want to claim.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

the big puma is not fat! he is just sculpted smoothly.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Hey look, again about a player that has nothing to do with this thread!

There's no way you'd say Ensberg wasn't a major piece if he'd been hitting all year.

#15 arkoe, Jul 23, 2006
  16. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

That's one of the most ridiculous, uneducated comments I've ever heard. A heatlhy Ensberg puts up similar or better numbers as last year and this team is well over .500. You're better than that.

17. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

According to Astros.com, Berkman is going to try to play on Tuesday. They also indicated he would be playing 1st base.

18. Rule0001

I never said he wasn't a piece to the astros lineup, but don't act like hes this great hitter. It's a fact he doesn't hit nearly as well on on the road. The point is if a team acquired a healthy morgan ensberg, he wouldn't put the team over the hump. Look at a guy like Soriano, he completly changes the dimension of a lineup. Ensberg doesn't, he's an important piece, but not "the" piece.

His best tool is his patience at the plate.

19. Rule0001

Over the last 3 years, his slugging % has dropped over a 100 points on the road.
    His ops falls 200 points. He's a good player when he's at MMP. Answer me this, why does he suck on the road?

Lance Berkman(an impact bat), puts up good numbers at home, but puts up better numbers on the road. Why is this? Because he's not just a right handed pull hitter who's weaknesses get exposed when away from the crawford boxes.

I don't know why i'm even arguing this.

20. Rule0001

Hey! look here

[​IMG]

It's Morgan Ensberg's hit chart. It's amazing for such a great and feared hitter like Ensberg, teams don't employ an infield shift on him. Maybe bc its the others teams don't respcect Ensberg's ability to beat you like a Bonds/Ortiz/Giambi.