1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ben McLemore is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Acura

Acura Member

I respect his dance moves he has been displaying in China

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

He sparked the legendary comeback....worth every penny and rockets legend forever

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ok , Great , he can hit them in an empty gym … Lets see him do it in live action with a guy closing out on him.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not complaining … I just think they have enough guards and need some help at the 3/4 spots in a bad way.

Harden , Westbrook , EG , Rivers , Green & McLemore ….

We'll probably be glad he's on the roster at some point in the season , someone's bound to miss a few games here and there.

Find me a shooter at the 3/4 that isn't a complete liability defensively and I'll be content - for a while. That's the critical need. Tucker cant play 48 a night.

Relativist, hakeem94 and biff17 like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i remember this dude would always torch us.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

I agree, not talking about you personally.

7. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Looks like the sleeping giant has awoken! My prediction, this dude gonna ball this year, lock it in!

saleem, Theking and hakeem94 like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ben Mclemore needs a lot of repetition and repeat shooting 3 pointers when open.

Ben Mclemore has been on on really bad teams. Playing street basketball with the Kings, get your own points instead of playing as a spot up. His role is different, he is a lottery pick that didn't become a Bradley Beal, CJ McCollom, Ray Allen type of player. Now his role is really a bench shooter.

raining threes and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

12 games in and I cant complain a whole lot about the signing.

Didn't think he would play this much - unless someone was injured and when GG was lost for the season he's somewhat filled that void.

Low risk signing that has paid dividends.

I think he can get better as he gets more comfortable playing off the ball / catch and shoot.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I love GG but Ben can be better than GG he’s younger and has the potential to be decent in D.

I love the signing and think it’s one of those things we’ll look back in a few months and be really happy we got him.

guy can play he just needed to be in the right system and around the right talent.

I think he’s found that here in houston.

11. Nook

Nook Member

McLemore has had some academic and maturity issue in the past. He had eligibility concerns at Oak Hill and Kansas and an underaged drinking arrest among others.

He has good athleticism, is good in transition.

However what he mostly has, is the ability to shoot 3’s

A lot of his struggles have been the result of his bbiq; however he can flourish if his role and responsibilities on the court are limited. He has good athleticism and a strong wingspan so with a more simplified defensive scheme he has potential. Offensively limit him to hitting open 3’s and transition and he can be pretty good.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so do you see him playing in the playoffs? I see him stuck to the bench just like faried was unless we have an injury. He does have good straight away speed an athleticism, but his change of direction -- which is needed for defense -- isn't good IMO. the clippers were definitely gunning for him and I see him being the weak link in the defense pretty much most of the time. he does try though, i give him credit for that. I also see him better shooting off the dribble than a straight catch and shoot guy...while I am rooting for him, I would rather give those minutes to clemons who can at least guard the screen in a pick and roll well.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clemons is liability on switches. And he has not been lighting it up on offense when on floor.

McLemore is the better player next to Harden, Russ or Rivers right now.

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he's definitely a liability when switched onto the bigger guy, but I feel he defends the 3 pointer better because he can go over and under the screen better...aren't we selling out to guard the 3 first? I don't think ben guards the pick and roll or any good offensive player on the perimeter to warrant his shooting....and again clemons is a better catch and shoot player...

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yet Rockets 3 point defense has improved (top 2 last 6 games) with McLemore in line up.

McLemore is just the better fit playing alongside Harden, Rivers or Russ. Certainly not perfect fit, but better than Clemons.

Clemons should be instant offense off bench when he gets his minutes because no matter how hard he tries he will always be 5'9, so defense is not where he will make biggest impact.

dreamshakin and saleem like this.
  16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is back, he looks better than Gordon and house

Fulgore likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love this guy!

Daryl Morey strikes again!

We got two 26 year old, athletic snipers that PLAY HARD on D!!!

MC Ben and DHouse!

Clemons and Stein!!!

We are DEEP haterz, suck these eggs baby! :D

Hakeemtheking, dreamshakin and D-rock like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ben deserves a lot of props. He can attack and finish with confidence and his 3 ball shooting is getting better too! Keep it up Ben!

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's on MDA and coaching to to actually prepare and coach him with the rest of the team for the playoffs

saleem likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade assets baby!!

RudyTBag likes this.