1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#BeMoreLikeEurope] "allah akbar" Shouting Sword Attacker Found Not Guilty Of Terrorism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Welcome to the new European standard -- soon to be the American standard.

Man who attacked police with Lord of Rings sword outside Buckingham Palace found not guilty of terrorism

An Uber driver has been cleared of terrorism after allegedly attacking police officers with a Lord of the Rings-style sword outside Buckingham Palace.

Jurors were unanimous in finding Mohiussunnath Chowdhury not guilty of preparing acts of terrorism after a retrial at the Old Bailey.

The 27-year-old, from Luton, raised his eyebrows and then saluted the jurors after they spent more than 11 hours considering the verdict.

A woman in the public gallery shouted "it should never have happened” moments after it was delivered on Wednesday.

Hours before the incident, Mr Chowdhury sent a note to his sister saying he was going to become a martyr and “be with Allah”.

“Tell everyone that I love them and that they should struggle against the enemies of Allah with their lives and their property,” it said.

“The Queen and her soldiers will all be in the hellfire they go to war with Muslims around the world and kill them without any mercy. They are the enemies that Allah tells us to fight. Please make dua (prayers) for me that Allah accepts my efforts.”

The jury was told that he used the encrypted messaging app to send Isis propaganda to friends and defend the terrorist group’s atrocities in Iraq and Syria, showing what prosecutors described as a “great interest in Islamist terrorism”.

Messages showed him calling the British government a “Zionist force” and claiming soldiers and police officers were “enemies of Allah”.

The court heard Mr Chowdhury had conducted numerous internet searches for Isis beheading videos and the executioner known as Jihadi John, whose real name was Mohammed Emwazi.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He got a trial by jury? I think that's our standard already.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No. Trial by media seems to be the new expectation from some people.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you should probably share more of the article to give a fuller picture. Oh wait, but then it might undermine your xenophobia. OK, I will do it for you.

So let's get rojo's story straight, he is claiming that this guy was trying to commit an act of terror using a sword while seated in the front seat of his car.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who said this guy was smart. Terrorists, no matter how educated, are idiots.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Granted, his meta-cognition is probably low.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ask you, how does someone commit terrorist with a sword while their seat belt is fastened?

8. biff17

biff17 Member

You have no shame sir.

I bet you are a poster who has an issue with things being declared hate crimes.

9. Buck Turgidson

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It doesn't seem that his attack was premeditated, which pretty much rules out terrorism. This is a bit like a Slate piece where, if person believes x, then crime is automatically because x.

And I'm also not sure how much intelligence has to do with it, Breivik's plan required a pretty decent level of intelligence to formulate, intelligence seems to make the craziness more effective.