1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beltran to Rangers...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by edc, Aug 1, 2016.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

Well, if it comes to pass, and the Astros cannot do anything, that would be the end of any division hopes... :/

2. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

The Rangers problem hasn't been scoring runs, so not sure this really changes the equation that much. They need pitching.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Still... its a boost. Beltran has been hitting really well this season. Plus, its blocks a possible bat coming our way... and we need hitting.

4. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

welp no playoffs for us.

****ing bull**** ass organization. **** u luhnow

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is fine. Rangers are shooting for a two year window and are pretty much toast after it.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Apparently there are 1 or 2 more prospects going to the Yankees.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It's clearly a seller's market. I'm glad the Astros aren't sacrificing the future to "win now."

The Rangers gave up the #4 overall pick from 2015, plus 2 more prospects for a 2 month rental. Would you be OK giving up a top prospect plus 2 more from our farm for this?

I hope we keep everything as is, play the season out (would be amazing to make the playoffs considering the start of the season), and make moves this winter.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is ridiculous to me. I can't stand the Rangers...but they're still going to have draft picks after this year. They're still going to be acquiring talent through free agency and trades. They spend more money than the Astros by leaps and bounds...and while that is not a guarantee for success, it sure does create some margin for error.

I don't see the Texas Rangers simply going away in 2 years because of the trades they made this year. They still have a nice core that includes younger players....and their ownership/management has shown a proclivity to go out and try to acquire pieces to put them over the top.

1 person likes this.