1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Being friends when you're still in love

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

More of a D&D discussion, but I've been down that path in my younger years. Not gonna happen haha. To each their own

Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Jontro speaks the truth.

Easiest solution. Love God. Love her. Be happy. in that order.

Then leave us the religious ones to us. why you be trying to take our women??

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

you smashed?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a forced relationship to God. I can't ENDORSE that, nor can God/Yahwe....I suppose.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe op breh has been looking towards the wrong god. time for a spiritual journey to the east.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just go to church and daydream about what you have to do the following work week.

hvic likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

All these words about this desirable female and not one picture. What is this world coming to.

Fantasma Negro and Yung-T like this.
  8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

True but just because he shouldn't open that door up again doesn't mean he has to be a bad person about it. They have a history, she has a boyfriend and OP is in love with her. There is no possibility of becoming friends because that would never be anything that resembles a friendship. No matter what he is going to want her. If she wants to start talking more and actually become friends then OP should be honest with her and tell her he has feelings for her and it isn't a good idea. That is respectful to both her and himself.

Like someone else said it sounds like she probably has relationship issues with her BF. There is no reason for her to be reaching out to OP now. He might just be some emotional life preserver (or she wants some side D) for her because she isn't happy with her relationship. People shouldn't be reaching out to old flames when they are in a relationship. That is a huge red flag.

I have had what I thought were "friendships" in the past with girls that I had feelings for but continuing the friendship only made things harder. Our friendships were just us flirting and never hooking up and It only made me want them more. It was pretty much NEVER 100% platonic. I really don't have any "friendships" with females anymore because I know for me at this point in my life an actual friendship with a female probably isn't possible. We all either hooked up, one of us tried to hookup, I wasn't attracted to her or we just fell out of each other's lives. One of us, or both of us is/are probably going to want to bone. I do have some female acquaintances now like friends of friends, neighbors and coworkers but they aren't what I consider to be a real friend. I have always had pretty strong feelings for one girl in particular, a coworker, but I don't try and pretend to anyone or myself like that it is a relationship that I would consider to be an actual friendship. She kills me every day and I can't help it but I have a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend. I know that if I start hanging out with her outside of work or talking to her more like friends would then I am playing with fire. I just try and keep that door closed because I love my girlfriend.

But that is just me and I am in a relationship so I have to have that filter so now I have a pretty strict distinction of what a real friend is. I am also a gooey and mushy hopeless romantic jackass and pretty much any female that I would want to hang out that has a pretty smile is going to start giving me some kind of feeling and that is not bueno now. I need to make some uggo lady friends.

DreamShook, Yung-T and Jayzers_100 like this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you cant be friends with someone you are in love with...it wont work. you will be continually hurt and she will have all the control in the relationship. why is she contacting you if she has a boyfriend? either she is not happy with him and is just throwing a line out there or she is totally oblivious to how you feel or she knows you like her, but still wants to have some kind of platonic relationship with you...which takes me back to my point that she will have all the control in the relationship and you will continually be hurt and feel manipulated.

and making yourself available will only make you less attractive in her eyes. you will seem desperate and weak and that aint sexy...stay away and if she is really into you she will come to you.

EDIT: have you ever told her how you feel? if not, she may actually be oblivious and thats on you dawg.

[​IMG]

Bäumer and DonkeyMagic like this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry bud

[​IMG]

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you're a 90's RnB fan (or a fan of RnB in general) you already know the answer.

Debrah Cox and RL have already perfectly summed up your dilemma in their 1998 smash hit, "We Can't Be Friends".

I recommend playing this song on repeat when you're stalking her on instagram.

Yung-T and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just hit her DM or inbox, you will find your answer there.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Be friends with someone you love?

That's like forcing your kid to sit outside an ice cream shop just to watch people inside eat ice cream.

Sajan and JuanValdez like this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

Did you smash?

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

dont be milhouse...

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Moar threads about being friendzoned!

17. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I assume you already have friends. Why do you need more friends?

DudeWah likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks, Jorah Mormont.

Helpful study.

Try to find friends with Benefits rather than Friends without any.

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

This sentence alone tells me that being friends with this girl would be a bad idea for you.

Sajan and Yung-T like this.