1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Beer] Rate the last beer you drank

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by juicystream, Sep 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

For my fellow beer lovers. I am currently 57 beers into my quest to join my local Mellow Mushroom Beer Club, and has revived my interest in good beers. I'll try to review every beer I've had at Mellow, plus what I have in the fridge. I'll start with what I had tonight.

Chimay Blue Cap Ale 8/10

[​IMG]

A delicious beer. Heavy (9%) and creamy. A hint of chocolate. It is made by monks in Belgium. I may be knocking my review based on the fact that my 11.2 fl oz beer cost me $12 freaking dollars.

Heineken 6/10

A Dutch lager that most of us are familiar with. It's good for your generic lager choices, but nothing amazing.

Amstel Light 5/10

Another Dutch beer. A standard bearer for what the average beer tastes like.

Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale 5/10

A difficult decision to make. If you love beer, you'll hate it. If you like Pumpkin Pie, you'll like it. As a beer lover and pumpkin pie lover, I was torn. Would rate high for me as a soda, juice, or mixed drink, but as a beer, it is too pumpkin pie tasting.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

had a live oak hefeweizen last week at Anvil on Westheimer. It was ok, not great, but decent. I prefer some of the German hefeweizens like Paulaner or Augustiner

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

LMAO! How strange. I just had a pint of this earlier and even took a picture.

[​IMG]

After that, Shiner Ruby Red. I bought three cases from Specs since I found out it is no longer being made. The BEST summer Ale I've ever had imo.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Had my first Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro tonight. It grew on me quite a bit as I drank it. Unfortunately, it was the only cold one in the fridge. Lots of coffee and chocolates goodness.

8/10.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Shiner Bock 9.5/10

6. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Singha 8/10

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

juicystream - are you interested in writing for a beer review website? I might have a fun gig for you, let me know.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yuengling 4/10 Only because Im starting to get over a summer cold and its causing my head to become congested again.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Rodenbach -
    Flemish red hybrid beer that has a slightly tangy full bodied taste. It pours with mild head, pungent aroma and satisfying taste. This is a relatively rare beer with roots in Europe. The taste is bold and satisfying.

Probably one of the top 20-25 beers I have tasted (out of roughly 500 different varieties I have consumed)

9/10

Abita Amber -
    Right now drinking a guilty pleasure of mine. Abita is one of the best middle sized breweries. Has a perfect consistency, tastes great chilled with limited bitterness and a wonderful carmel taste. I prefer it to other good beers in that class such as Fat Tire. To me is a top 50 beer.

8.5/10

Coors Light
    It was a Saturday night, having a good time with the wife and a "friend". Really wanted some beer, all the friends boyfriend had in his refrigerator was this sad excuse for beer. Bitter in taste, the color of urine and tasted like water spiked with old cigarettes and ball park beer. I slammed a 6er, but I have to say it was terrible. I get that it can be cheap, but it is so bad.

1/10

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Delicious beer, especially on a nitro draft.

Last beer for me was a mirror pond... Possibly my favorite Pale ale and all around favorite go to brew.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pints of Harp on tap at a local bar on 6th. They baby their kegs and it's delicious. I'd give it an 8. I'll add that Heineken on tap at a bar in the Netherlands is a hell of a lot better than what you usually get here.

12. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

St. Arnold Octoberfest 7 of 10
    Good but unremarkable.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I just drank that. It tastes like crap.

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm gonna subscribe to this thread. I love a good hefeweizen. If anyone knows any good ones, or any kind of good wheat beer they'd recommend, your advice is appreciated.

15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Southern Star Pro Am 2012 DIPA

Very very hoppy but very well balanced. It looks and smells wonderful. I really like this beer. I would put it up there with Endeavour as the best Texas beers available. I'm really surprised that this is 10% abv.

9/10

Btw, as I'm drinking this I am realizing that this may be the best beer crafted in Texas. I think it surpasses Endeavour.

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Steel Reserve 12 out of 10

8.1 percent alcohol. 1.99 plus tax for 40 liver bustin' ounces. Your argument is invalid.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Newcastle at work today.

8 normally
    10 because company put a party ball in the break room

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If you can't remember the last beer you drank, you might be an alcoholic. I am.

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I'm just a drunk...for me alcoholic implies someone in recovery.

20. ashiin

ashiin Member

Well if I really had to talk about the LAST beer I drank...

Keystone light is coors light mopped up off the floor and wrangled into a cup..................................

All the dots are courtesy of my cat.