1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beel Worrel: Earliest McGrady could come back is Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

[van on]Beel[/van on] Worrel reported that T-Mac shot around today at warm ups, but his back started to ache again. The Rockets are stating the earliest we could possibly see T-Mac is Wednesday vs. Portland.

2. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

get well tmac. you ruined my fantasy team last season. apparently you are about to do it again :eek:

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

god ****ing damnit

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

word to that , I hear ya man.

Ive also got G Hill, Joe Johnson and Troy Mourphy on the shelf.

bad day all round.

:mad:

5. stangend77

stangend77 Member

i love t-mac but this is just getting stupid, gut up or quit. i played football with back spasms when i was young(tracy better thank god he dsnt play football) so i dont see how this guy cant gut up for 16 million..... oh wait thats right he gets paid anyway. like i said i like t-mac but i am starting to feel like this is never going to even kinda go away and tracy dsnt have the ballz to grunt through it. (he was nicked up 3 times this season b4 this even happened) i hope we are not waisting yaos prime but sadly i feel like that will be the end result of all this nonsence (tracys back and jeffs sucky coaching)

6. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

TMac is ruining the roxs season again........back 2 back lost seasons :confused:

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

every game we lose without him is a clear sign that we need a player who will actually be able to play.

i'm slowly heading to the other side of the fence on this topic. if he keeps missing games (which he obviously will, he's not getting any better) it may be time to consider getting whatever you can for him before he can't go anymore.

you can't win a championship when your best (tied for best) player can go down at anytime. it's too inconsistent. he misses too many games for us to fight for playoff seeding. when he's playing, he plays timid and soft so he doesn't hurt himself again.

in order to contend with tmac, we would need a team that can contend without him. that's pretty difficult to assemble.

aw hell, maybe i'm just pissed that we lost. then again, some of that made some sense.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This is ****ing ridiculous. It's too early to talk right now, but this does not bode well. Hopefully things turn out fine though. I really hope so.

9. hbdufe

hbdufe Member

what's a bad news ...!
    It seems that we will have a futilitarian season whatever yao is so excellent..
    we can't win the game with T-MAC. :( :(

10. hbdufe

hbdufe Member

what's a bad news ...!
    It seems that we will have a futilitarian season whatever yao is so excellent..
    we can't win the game without T-MAC. :( :(

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The one good thing which you should know is that Yao Ming is only just getting into his Prime and has about four more seasons to hit his peak and about six in total before he declines. If you could play football with back spasms then possibly tracy should get the shots and get back as quickly as possible!!
    You should know of course that this back problem doesn't go away and the team has left it too late to get anything out of a McGrady Trade.Last offseason,they were warned that this would happen and decided to not make a move. I blame JVG and his stupid win now plan.:p

12. daRox

daRox Member

Calm down people, we lost two close (and very winnable games) This is too small of a sample for us to draw any conclusion... It's not like we went undefeated with T-Mac in the line up. I'd say we will go undefeated until T-Mac comes back. Relax :cool:

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Possibly this could bre just what the Doctor ordered to get JVG to change his limited game plan.

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i really wish we had iverson on our team..

that guy is a straight winner. he has more heart than t-mac. he's more reliable than t-mac.

although his head may not be as calm as t-mac's, i'd take a bad headcase over a bad back any day of the week.

prove me wrong.. Tmac for AI would be awesome for our team.

15. stangend77

stangend77 Member

agreed they dont just go away (took me about a month after the season) but none the less it isnt a busted acl or a dislocated shoulder, you can play through it if you are tough, IF is the big thing.

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

You think we are going to go undefeated until T-Mac comes back ? So are we then going to start to lose once he comes back ? I'm confused :confused:

17. rocketsmetalspd

I also get upset with the ongoing will T-Mac play or will he get injured again. I believe it is time to get what the Rockets can for T-Mac. I am great full for what the guy has done but this sH#$ gets old.

18. Rox Addict

Heres the bottom line...Once you have back problems thats it they never go away !! I promise this will be an issue with T-Mac til he ends his career !! :(

19. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

I doubt it. I had a back injury before, couldn't do anything for 1 week, too much pain.

20. Rox Addict

Hes my favorite player but his back is not going to get better !! Think about it all he did was go up to block a shot and WAM he was hurt...His value is going down real fast !! T-Mac is like Clemens he will only be available for half the season :(