1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Be reasonable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockingRox, Nov 15, 2015.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

My second thread. English is not my first language. Bare with me.

I'm as disappointed as any of you. This season, I've turned off the TV many times already before the games were over. The Rockets suck at this point, both offensively and defensively.

1. Offensively

Honestly I'm not that worried about the woe. The Rockets as a team shot <29% so far. That won't last. With LeBron just moved in, both Miami and Cleveland took a few months to figure out how to share the ball with LeBron. Harden and Ty might need that much time too.

2. Defensively

That's a bigger problem. From the very beginning of the pre-season, everybody are talking about improving the offense, unlike last year when Harden and others were all emphasizing the defense. Rockets roster have not changed that much to warrant the dramatic drop in defense rating. Defense are about effort and the coach needs to instill that to the players. Therefore, the coaching team has to take the responsibility. If, for whatever reason, McHale loses his players and can't drive them to play at least the same level of defense as last year, McHale should just leave. This team suppose to be contending and can't wait for his try-and-error.

3. Troll alert.

Having been on the forum for more than 8 years, I have been trying to be reasonable. However, at this time, it seems that many trolls are coming out than anytime I can remember to bring down the Rockets into even bigger turmoil. Rockets and we fans lose if we bought into their game plan. I don't want to throw out our superstars and wait another 5 years to rebuild a new team. So please be reasonable, everyone. Thank you.

4. Rockets suck! :(:(

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

I get the whole Miami and Cleveland took a while to get things going. The problem is, the Rockets don't have the benefit of playing in the East like those teams did.

So when do you make a change? Wait too long and home court advantage will seem out of reach.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The owner is too soft to make the hard decisions - beer and nacho sales look good - so he is happy.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Miami and Cleveland were never this bad. At the very least they had better systems they just needed more pieces and time to gel.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

You got a point. What I don't understand is that even we fans feel the urgency but the players don't. Have McHale really lost the players?

However, if meshing two ball-handlers together has to take 20 games worth of playing time, so be it. What I don't get is the tumbling of defensive efforts.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are you seriously talking about the guy who fired both Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman?? Just stop.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Team doesnt have Lebron

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

You made a pretty good post for someone who doesn't have English as a first language. I, too, am confused on why the team has sucked recently. This team is way too deep to be this bad. If I'm the owner, I have a meeting with the players to see what the hell is going on. Start kicking ass everywhere, you are the boss and need to get to the bottom of this. Find what's the problem and correct it. The team is also hit with the injury bug, so I can understand that it's affecting them as well. But you know what? That shouldn't be any excuse, because injuries are part of the game.

As bad as the Rockets have been... they are only 4-6. It's not 0-10 at least....

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

My point is the firings were not mid-season. Then when he fired VanGundy he implied it was bc jvg had not come to a decision on wanting to coach:rolleyes:

Then when he fired adelman it was "mutual" decision. Sounds like bs. I don't think adelman was happy with just having Luis and chuck left from his Yao-Mac team but that sounds like bs.

Les is too concerned with his image to fire someone without putting some bs spin on it and damn str8 won't do anything during the season. Beer and nacho sales going strong during the season.

You just STOP:rolleyes: