1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BDL’s 2014-15 Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan0, Apr 17, 2015.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

He did this cause he knew you would post it on Clutchfans lol

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have no problem with anybody picking the Mavs, simply because why would they pick the Rockets until the Rockets, especially Harden, prove they can win playoff series?

If the Rockets play the way they're capable of, the series could be over in 5 games with us moving on. If they do their lazy 20+ turnover nights, missed free throws, Harden disappears, Howard gets in foul trouble, etc., then we'll have a problem, but I think the Rockets should be able to get it done.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

picking us in 5 or dallas in 7 means nothing

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Honestly I wouldn't even be shocked if we lost to the Mavs. I can see them beating us. I hope that we will beat them easily though.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i agree, dallas is tough

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sadly they are the easiest matchup out of all the teams. At least we avoided the Spurs.

8. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The idea that 50-win teams are 'no less title worthy' than 56-win teams is laughable.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blazers are injury riddled tho....I do not say those are easy prey but easier than last year I could imagine

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/237447/Series-Preview-Rockets-Vs-Mavericks

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could have used a promising PG from Dleague or so.... harhar

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I'm gonna throw this out there. If the give clint a chance at key points during the game for defensive purposes, he could be an x factor in rim/paint protection. We saw it all in the Jazz game. Prior to (spurs games) opponents were waltzing into the paint at will. He is quick enough to flash on the pnr and get back in time to pick up the roller. He will have to make people shoot over him to stay out of foul trouble. He has a far higher reach than Howard at this point.

13. AFS

AFS Member

I'd prefer for the media to pick the Mavs. Rockets need to feel like they are the underdog and have something to prove. We don't need to underestimate the Mavs like we did last year with the Blazers.

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Some analyses are just baffling, the part about Parsons vs. Ariza and not including Brewer as key players off the bench shows you all you need to know: people do not do their homework.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Only two seeds in twenty years have lost to 7 seeds.

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Predictions are pointless.

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Agreed. Suggesting using Nowitzki on Ariza at this stage of his career is laughable as well as that will mean Jones/Smith defended by Parsons/Jefferson. Rockets will tear that up. Carlisle isn't stupid.

The BDL one is obvious that they just want to pick The Mavs; no real analysis, just a bunch of facts thrown out. Stating that Harden is the only offensive force for the Rockets is ridiculous and that Howard & Chandler are comparable is just not trying. There are reasons to pick the Mavs, but they were not presented in the article.

18. SilentAssassin

No mention of Brewer? I guess he's an insignicant non-factor?

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Whoever plays better will win. It is always the same issues: turnovers, shooting percentage, rebounds, fouls, and foul shooting. Wrap all that up in desire and intensity and you have the outcome. I will be upset if the Rockets don't play with FIRE in their eyes. There was too much lackadaisical play against Portland last season. They seemed to at times lack focus. Can't happen in the playoffs. All out, all the time.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I agree that we will get more respect once we actually advance, I have no problem with people being hesitant to pick us until we prove it.