1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBALLBREAKDOWN: The Timberwolves' Ricky Rubio Problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chamillionaire, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Chamillionaire

Hopefully this video will help put Wicky Wubio to Hou nonsense to sleep.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They'll all C

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

4. BackdoorHarden

Why so many Rubio post???

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The goat deserves at least one thread per every dmo thread

6. BackdoorHarden

True dat true dat.

Clutchfans.com = Most post about crappy players: Lin, DMO, Rubio...

Am I missing any other crappy players where there are upmost posts on Clutchfans.com?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thanks for the reminder to update my signature, OP!

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Rubio is a huge liability for any team.

He's nothing more than a backup pg.

This is not the mid 90s NBA, guys like him can't play 25+ minutes a night.

It's not that he's a bad shooter it's that he's literally a no shooter. The guy is scared to shoot and when he does it's a brick even when it's at the rim.

His inability to shoot is actually diminishing his passing.

I can't believe you know who thinks Rubio is the missing link and would be perfect next to harden?!?!? I'm starting to question that guys acumen for the game of basketball. Im pretty sure every NBA franchise would take Beverley over Rubio at this point.

9. BackdoorHarden

that's what I'm saying bro.

This dude is unguarded and he pass up open shots with 5 seconds left and pass it to someone else for a tough shot or 24 seconds.

I mean, WTF. You're WIDE OPEN because smart team won't guard you and you still pass the ball with 5 seconds left???

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

From what I saw when Houston played Minny, there are two things Rubio does well for his team.

One, he is solid at passing into Towns in the low post. If a major objective is to develop Towns's post up game, having Rubio will help.

Two, he might be the only player on that team who understands how to play team defense. Minnesota's defensive rating is abysmal, but it may be even lower without him.

However, I don't think these two positives can make up for what was described in the video, and his days as a Timberwolf may be numbered. But what team would trade for him?

#10 PeppermintCandy, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

12. malakas

malakas Member

a bunch of bullcrap. Rubio has become the scapegoat of the Wolves.
    Off rating : 11th in the league and Def rating in the bottom and the problem is the spacing? :rolleyes:
    How about make a video about the awful defence of Wiggins, Lavine and Towns that really cost them games instead?

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Bballbreakdown actually shows he's a pretty bad team defender but good on ball.

It's hard to judge tho because that team is a mess on defense anyways.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The wolves suck I don't think it matter if Rubio is on the court or not. This is what happens when your three best players just became old enough to drink alcohol lol.

But Rubio does suck he's a backup pg. I'd rather have your guy delly over him. At least delly can shoot and isn't afraid of driving into the paint.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

DMo

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you cant' improve your weakness you need to highlight your strengths. That's the approach the Rox took this season, everybody was saying they're crazy their problem was defense and they let go of Dwight and add Ryan Anderson and Gordon were not exactly defensive all stars.

Lavine, KaT and Wiggins are what they are this season, they even have TT as their coach so if he can't make them play defense they can do it right now. What Minny can do though is get somebody who can make open shots and increase Minny's offensive ranking. Their defensive ranking is bottom of the league anyway regardless of Rubio so if they increase their offensive rating by bringing somebody who isn't an offensive liability their offensive ranking will increase and maybe they win some games.

17. malakas

malakas Member

The Rockets and Wolves have little in common right now. In comparison with Minnesota, Houston's defence is magnificent.
    At least there's Bev, and Ariza and even Capela. The Wolves have ONLY Rubio as an above average defender from their starters.
    How exactly are you going to win and make the playoffs with 4 not only bad but awful defenders in Lavine, Wiggins, KAT and Dieng?
    The other major difference is that Harden is a superstar who can create for others. From the Wolves only Kat is an ok passer. Both Lavine and Wiggins do NOT create for others. So take out Rubio and put a worse defender a worse creator but a better shooter. Result : probably lower defensive rating than even Portland's, even more dip in assists and more iso bad possesions and a better 3pnt shooting?
    How will that exactly help and fix the Wolves' issues?

Wolves is a young team. If they want to have a bright future there is only one way : improve their defence. No other alternative.
    Rubio is just a placeholder. The MAJOR red flag right now is the D but sure...go ahead and make Rubio a scapegoat.
    Unless you put a superstar in his place there is no way this team is having a 0.500 record this year.

I understand its the easy way out to blame Rubio. Because then we dont' have to talk about how awful Kat's defence has been and how Wiggins has shown no improvement in his D.

18. malakas

malakas Member

btw this year both Lavine and Wiggins are up for extensions. The Wolves can only give 2 max extensions and one is going to Kat.
    Between Lavine and Wiggins to who do you give the max? An interesting dillema.
    Lavine has shown some improvement but Wiggins not so much.
    I believe that if they don't give them an extension this year and they let them fight it out next year, Lavine will be the clear choice based on their development curves. But then Wiggins may get disgruntled and want a trade.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He needs to play in a MDA offense and the only teams that run it (Lakers, Rockets, GSW) all have their creators. He needs bigs that can space the floor and shooters and a fast paced offense to showcase his passing skills. So I don't know.

If you have Rubio basically every other guy needs to be shooter.

I also want to say that I don't think he's a terrible player but the wolves are just not a fit for him.

PeppermintCandy likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ive been on record saying this day 1...lord knows why Murray still wants him though.