1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBALLBREAKDOWN] How Mike D'Antoni's Offense Fits (The Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Oct 6, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

An old video explaining the D'Antoni's (bare-bones) offense when the Lakers hired him after firing Brown and whiffing on Phil Jackson. You can see a lot of these sets in the preseason games. I can see why D'Antoni didn't work in LA. He didn't have the personnel to run the system he wanted and didn't adapt to the players he had (that might be a problem)

The offense required the ball to be in Nash's hands and out of Kobe's. If Kobe does have the ball, he would have to be a facilitator. Pau is out on the wing to start when his bread and butter is in and around the paint. Metta is a spot up shooter (nope). DWIGHT IS A SCREENER (oh, hell no).

The Rocket seem to have the correct pieces to be successful: Harden is our best player and facilitator as the PG*. Ryno, Gordon (Bev), and Ariza* are the spot up shooters. Nene/Capela are the screeners. It can work!

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen enough. It can work!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where is the BBALLBREAKDOWN video of how Mike Anthony's Defense Fits (The Rockets)?

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I really wanted JVG to be our coach again at first, partially just because he is a real Houstonian to me now and loves this city I think. But after listening to Harden and MDA, watching the first 2 preseason games, and studying more about MDA's offense including this video, I think Les and Morey made the perfect decision for this team based on Harden being our premier player and leader. I think there probably is no coach better suited for Harden specifically, honestly. No matter how good this team is totally this year, I predict that Harden will put up historic numbers across the board and possibly win MVP.