1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBall Breakdown video-Why Jeremy Lin is out of the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 7, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Shanghai Sharks...........coming soon..........

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

To add to the reasonable points already, Lin has never really had an elite skill. He has good size, and unfortunately above average ball handling/shooting skills for a guard.

If he had worked and perfected his off ball shooting ability he could still have a vet min contract somewhere ..

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are being generous by calling his handles above average.

He has poor ball handling especially for the position he plays.

Combine this with his poor decision making and being stuck in one gear and it explains his bone headed plays and turnovers.

Add some ball pressure and weak side help and he will more likely melt.

Raptors kept him glued to the bench for a reason, even when Van Vleet was struggling.

Mainly because he is a mental midget.

ghettocheeze and tinman like this.
  4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Did you even watch the video? It was explained AT LENGTH. Come back when you’re up to speed.

Zboy, ghettocheeze and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

you need a full video of why jerry is out?

6. likestohypeguy

I'm a fan of Coach Nick but this one needs a new title, and editing. Seven minutes, including pre & post linsanity days, backstory & "the struggle" etc. Those super long slow motion break downs of the worst plays & spacing from the kobe/lin dregs? It is hard to watch.

ghettocheeze, gotsis and napalm06 like this.
  7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Cheap try to lure asian fans to the Youtube channel.

8. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I watched the video. It explained why Lin didn't have a super-star career. It doesn't say that he was not productive in the NBA. As D'Antoni said about Lin, Lin has the foundation to be a solid NBA PG...and has specific strengths that if put in specific situations could be great. But he doesn't need to be put in those specific situations to be productive.

9. yoeddy

Again, Lin was productive on every team he's been on except Toronto. Bad fit? Maybe...but he was still productive.

Lin struggled in Charlotte? According to who? He received 6th-most votes for "Sixth Man" award for his year in Charlotte and was instrumental in getting them to the playoffs that year. He "opted out" because he had such a good year that Brooklyn was offering him a much bigger contract and the opportunity to start than what he had in Charlotte behind Kemba.

Brooklyn...injury sucked, but that has nothing to do with his productivity while he was healthy there. Brooklyn's system was very different from D'Antoni's, so if you think it was "tailored to Lin", then apparently there are many different systems that are "tailored to Lin".

Atlanta...he was productive with a system that was tailored to a PG who has very different skills than Lin. And no, Atlanta didn't waive Lin "once Young got a handle on running the offense"...they waived Lin because Lin's agent got Toronto to agree to sign him.

Even in Houston, Lin was productive. Was he a super-star? No, but he was good enough for McHale to give him 26+ minutes per game even off the bench.

Even in LA, with the tank-commander coach Byron Scott telling Lin "don't use pick and roll until the 4th quarter", he was productive once Kobe called it quits for the season.

The ONLY system Lin has played in that was "tooled around him" was with the Knicks...and that's because D'Antoni's system centered around PG pick-and-roll and drive-and-kick.

#29 yoeddy, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    c1utchfan925 likes this.
  10. yoeddy

Agree that the ideal situation for him is a team with a PG who has similar style to him. But to say he was not productive on the teams he has been on is simply re-writing history. Lin had a very strong season with Charlotte...again, received votes around the league for Sixth Man that year, and he was one of the main reasons they got to the playoffs that year. I don't remember where I saw this, but I remember reading that Charlotte had the top 2nd unit in the East that year.

No one at this point is saying that any team should retool their offense around Lin. But he has proven over his long NBA career that he can be productive in a range of systems, especially coming off the bench. Any team with a system that values pace, ball movement and penetration could use a player like Lin.

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I honestly never really had a issue with Lin but I was glad he left bc of the poison pill year but mainly the most annoying thing associated with Lin were the LOFers. I think if he could develop a shot that had a quicker release and shot it at 38-42 percent, he could find a job right away. This is the case for everyone, if you are not elite in something else (like defense, or passing) you better be elite at shooting

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Damn...what happened to Omer Asik?

13. yoeddy

Illness and injury got the best of him...out of the league last year.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed. I wanted a good Coach Nick video but after reading the comments I skipped this one.

tinman likes this.
  15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm going to cut you short, because honestly I suspect one of two things 1) you didn't watch the video or 2) you're a LOF.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your are correct Acura
    He has no integra in him but he thinks he’s a legend

clutchdabear, Acura and ghettocheeze like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s a LOF
    Trolling when his hero is mentioned on any one of the sites he’s registered on is discussed
    Preventing the real population of fans who joined for the correct reasons to have a discussion

18. tinman

Supporting Member

The video fails to mention in Atlanta he was playing on the second unit on a bad team with no chance of making the playoffs

Also forgets to mention he’s
    Crying with a huge audience blaming the NBA for giving up on him while the translator is translating it to millions of suckers who feel sympathy for guy who made 13$ million dollars last season

19. yoeddy

I watched the video. He basically said that even though those teams didn’t have systems that were ideal for Lin, Lin was still able to be productive.

I am not a LOF...am a long time NBA fan and Nets fan, but I am also a Lin fan.

20. yoeddy

Huh...there were plenty of posts in this thread for days before I joined in. Certainly felt like there was plenty of interest in discussing Lin here.