1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor University Sexual Assault Scandal Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How did the NCAA over reach on PSU? Child rape was going on and the powers that be knew about it.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't lie. I giggled when I saw this. It is impossible for a school to be this trash.

3. le081488

le081488 Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are they death sentenced yet or nah? Lmk when it's done.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Baylor playing the "how much can I get away with" at this point...

6. Major

Major Member

He's only been there a month. How is it that the first thing you do when you move to a new city is get involved in a prostitution ring?

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It's not about how bad the crime was. It was the nature of the crime and if the NCAA has jurisdiction against those kind of penalties. They also were accused of bullying the Penn St president into accepting those sanctions by saying that some other parties wanted to give the school the death penalty. They also rushed to judgement by using the 3rd party investigation as oppose to their own. These are all things they learned from.

That's why they are focusing on if Baylor used players knowing they should be ineligible based on rule violations within the program and university. It's not an issue of Baylor was a ****ed up program that did ****ed up things. The NCAA can't regulate that type of issue.

The heart wants what it wants.

Icehouse likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO You cannot make this **** up.

9. Major

Major Member

My bad - I actually read that as prostitution ring, not sting - as in, he was an organizer or something. This, to me, is actually not a big deal. Fireable, yes. But anything reflective of a bigger problem? Not really.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

AP:
    The Big 12 says it will withhold 25 percent of Baylor's share of conference revenue until an outside review of the athletic department determines whether the school is in compliance with conference regulations and Title IX guidelines following its sexual assault scandal that has rocked the school.

The sanctions against Baylor are the first by the Big 12 since the school and athletic department were hit by allegations of mishandling assault cases.

Baylor fired coach Art Briles last year and parted ways with university President Ken Starr and athletic director Ian McCaw after an investigation by a law fIrm found allegations of sexual assault brought to the school were not dealt with appropriately.

The Big 12 paid out about $30 million to each conference member last year.​

#230 J.R., Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

12. Brando2101

Kinda shocked that the big 12 can legally do that.

ron413 likes this.
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I do it see it as more of a CYA. Also, I find it rich that Boren is quoted in the story. He saw the Mixon tape and was fine with him not being kicked off of the team.

It appears Baylor would like the audit to begin right away and the next payout is a while away unless I'm mistaken.

This may help in the long run. While I think the culture is changing under Rhule and Baylor has tried to implement the right controls to be put in place, it would be nice to have a third party conduct an audit to confirm.

14. Nook

Nook Member

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So much for being a "Christian" school huh? Hypocrites. I bet all those people love judging others and acting all self-righteous/holier-than-thou

16. Brando2101

Boren is a boob. The big 12 would be much better off if he wasn't leading the conference or if he wasn't the OU president. The good thing is that he was effectively muzzled after the disaster that was big 12 non expansion that he and his stooge Bowlsby made.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Chip Brown (I know I know) put out an opinion piece that I agree with wholeheartedly. And without admittedly knowing the exact protocols or jurisdiction, I am dumbfounded how LT. Gov. Dan Patrick or some higher authority has not looked extensively into what the hell happened here. You're talking about one of the biggest scandals in your own state, a police department that was allegedly aware but with no action taken, university employees coercing victims, all while not complying with a federally mandate for 4+ years, etc...whose sole responsibility is to stop this from happening. Yet when Tom Brady's jersey gets stolen, the freak'n Texas Rangers are called in?

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Brando2101

It's possible that at the Attorney General being a Baylor alum is a factor but I'm not sure about that. The Governor has bigger priorities like getting the Travis County Sheriff arrested. Maybe Waco is a highly populated area that is very pro abbot and GOP while travis county republicans get about %35 of the vote including a senator and house representative that live here.

Maybe they just don't want to bring anymore attention to it than it already has.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Baylor is a conservative fundamentalist Christian university with money and influence.... in Texas.

20. Buck Turgidson

Everyone is waiting for the Feds at this point, even the NCAA, once that goes down then all bets are off.