1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier trade cool, Brooks trade not so much...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I'm good with Battier for Thabeet. I would have preferred Perkins, but we didn't have a Jeff Green caliber player to offer... At the end of the day Shane would have walked as a free agent after the season and we get nothing for him, so why not take a shot a guy who was the 2nd overall pick in the draft just a couple seasons ago. Maybe we can get Dream in to mentor & work with him.

However the Brooks trade I don't get. We traded him at ROCK BOTTOM value. Not only he's having a bad season, every team knows about his walking off the court issue and that we wanted to dump him. IMO we should have let him play out the season with us, hopefully get healthy and play up to his potential, then trade him in the off season. We could have used him to package with one of our 100 stockpiled draft picks to move up high in the lottery and get a real player. These mid 1st round picks are nothing but a crap shoot, not a way to "build" your team....

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

THANK YOU CUZ WE ARE JUST DYING TO HEAR WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY ABOU THE TRADES IN A NEW THREAD!

OTHER LESS IMPORTANT PEOPLE CAN USE EXISTING THREADS, BUT NOT YOU WITH GREAT INSIGHTS!!

THANK YOU!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brooks is a free agent after this year. I don't think we would have been able to trade him.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um who says perkins or green were available for what we were selling?

the more i watch dragic, the more i like the brooks trade. not sure about the battier trade, but he was an expiring contract so we are certainly no worse off. let's hope Morey has the dream on speed-dial. Thabeet needs a lot of work.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You may want to post your opinions in the Brooks and Battier trade threads so we don't have everybody posting their opinion of their trades in a separate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.