1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[basketballholic] One of Butler/Kawhi/Winslow/Oubre is a Rocket come March. And maybe even sooner...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that anybody is never coming here again (we are all fans - some even support), its just that we wish we hadn't come this time!

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Why bother to respond? I already said in my first post that if you can’t think of someone better, you’re either 1) extremely young, or 2) stupid.

Butthole is on fire actually :eek: too many wings last night. Fortunately dumb people don’t bother me. If they did, I’d need surgery every week.

Ultimately, politics shouldn’t be mixed with basketball, and the rules of the forum reflect that. Besides, there’s plenty of Internet forums where 3rd grade attempts at political humor exist, why not post there where it would be appreciated more?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forum rules? It's interesting to see you responding to me with "dumb" and "stupid" attacks. Quite bizarre, actually. I'm pretty sure there is a word for that. :D By the way, what is political about Donald Trump being a narcissist? I did not mention whether I voted for the guy or not, just that he is clearly a narcissist. Surely we haven't grown THAT sensitive have we?

If you aren't a hypocrite, young and/or stupid, name me 5 famous people that would make better examples of a narcissist than Donald. READY GO!

#63 RudyTBag, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    HP3 likes this.
  4. Sanity2disChaos

Seriously tho,can we stop the madness or truly get some clarification!!

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

When he said Butler, maybe he meant Brewer.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Morey tries to trade him, you should tweet at him: “Leggo my EGO.”

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

The problem is that he just might.

Let him go I mean.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You’re totally missing the point here.

Trump displays far too much self awareness to actually be narcissistic, by the textbook definition.

You believe Trump has narcissism because your haven’t done the research required to have a good take on the subject.

Talking about politicians when they are in no way related to the topic is breaking the rules, as they are written. If we’re being fair, you should be banned. However, I guess the rules don’t apply to you.

If you can’t see how mentioning a politician during a basketball discussion is political, then this conversation will go nowhere.

Here is an article explaining what narcissism actually is. It also mentions the disorder that Trump likely has (hint: it’s not narcissism)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ps...eal-narcissists-theyre-not-what-you-think?amp

Here is a list of famous people who are actually narcissistic, although a simple google search would have worked.

Kanye West
    Kim Kardashian
    Mariah Carey
    Napoleon
    Henry VIII
    Hitler
    Miley Cyrus
    Alexander the Great
    OJ Simpson
    Ted Bundy

Psychology and mental health are no joke, and if you want to make poor examples, mislead others, or politicize it, then please do it somewhere else.

Rocketsfanguy and DavidRocket like this.
  9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

"Does Trump have Narcissistic Personality Disorder? According to DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most (at least five) or all of the symptoms listed below (generally without commensurate qualities or accomplishments)."

1 Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment by others. :D
    2 Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.:D
    3 Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions.:D
    4 Needing constant admiration from others.:D
    5 Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others. :D
    6 Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain. :D:D:D
    7 Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs. :D
    8 Intensely jealous of others and the belief that others are equally jealous of them. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    9 Pompous and arrogant demeanor. :D

Sam Harris
    "He talks about his libido as only a malignant narcissist can: as though it were a wonder of nature, a riddle no mortal can solve, and a blessing to humanity."

Ben Shapiro
    "Trump's bombastic narcissism"

I'd love to see you attempt to lecture nueroscientist Sam Harris on what a narcissist is. How about Ben Shapiro?

1. To find examples, you have to dig back 2000+ years? Before Jesus huh? Damn man, GREAT WORK IN HERE! Dusting off the ancient tomes for a narcissist, that's commitment buddy.
    2. So, all your research indicates that Miley Cyrus is a narcissist, but Donald Trump is not? Just genius work here. Talk about needing to do some research, or just listen to a few interviews from both people. Sheesh...
    3. Donald Trump was a celebrity playboy long before he became the POTUS, yet according to you cannot be mentioned in comparison to a narcissist once he became the POTUS, because he is now a political figure? o_O Get the F outta here with that nonsense.

And please, enough of the name-calling. That is the only bannable offense going on in this thread. No politics going on in here. Simply put, Celebrity Playboy President Donald Trump is a great example of a narcissist, love him or hate him.

Spoiler for those that don't like PWNAGE... ;)

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Unless DJT can be an effective 3&D alternative to the (no)3&(hyper)D of Brew, I suggest any discussion including the gent be taken away from the GARM.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Neuroscientists don’t diagnose narcissism, nor do they study the disease. It’s firmly psychological in nature. Not saying the guy isn’t smart, and I’m definitely willing to change my mind, but there are better resources for this.

Would you ask a rocket scientist to do surgery? Hopefully not.

3rd you really don’t want to go to a single person for all of your research, because people are typically biased.

4th Ben Shapiro is the definition of low brow. Going to a response to him for any scientific discussion is extremely low hanging fruit.

5th their are plenty of modern examples, but since you knew literally none of them before, I picked the most famous ones of all time.

Regardless, thanks for censoring your post. That political drivel has no place in basketball discussion.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

1. Obviously. Never said otherwise.
    2. Obviously.
    3. Yup, that's why I grabbed a medical study and two intelligent minds with largely differing views.
    4. True, but he is also largely conservative, and without bias in this sense.
    5. Somehow you diagnosis Miley Cyrus, but 100 percent refute that Donald Trump is a narcissist. Bizarre.

6. There is nothing political about it. A comparison to a famous public figure, that's it. You are the one making it political.

HP3 and clutchdabear like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um, how did this thing "go Trump"?

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not all narcissists are smart.

#BeWell.

Yule C.

#74 daywalker02, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    topfive likes this.
  15. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Let’s keep politics out of this forum plz, the world is gloomy enough as it is

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  16. theimpossibles1

Yall bitc*es need to shut the fu*k up!

We tryin to talk about Jimmy Butler in here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

That's........what she said?

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Hold on I thought we're talking about Holic. Now that Melo is signed we need daily Holic threads. Butler just won't keep our attention.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I compared narcissists... Holic and the aforementioned... My bad? :D

ROXTXIA likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhha........ach so, my brotha. That's where this went astray.

"Narcissist", perhaps. Lack of self-awareness for sure.

In any case, let's not delude ourselves that we have a shot at Jimmy Butler, let alone Kawhi. Oubre or Winslow, this I can see, but clearly this is all speculation and not the whisperings of some Miami or Washington insider.