1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basketball news on ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arif1127, Feb 4, 2003.

1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know who Ken Bikoff is, but apparently he's the associate editor of Basketball News, here's what he had to say about the possible Brand trade(this is on the nba page on espn.com)

Houston: I have heard rumors that elton brand was on the trading block. Do you think he would look good in a Houston uniform if the Rockets can keep mobley, ming, and francis. Does Francis, Mobley, Rice, Brand and Ming bring a title to Houston in the next 2-3 years?
    Ken Bikoff: I haven't heard the Brand rumors myself. In fact, I've heard that if they are going to build around anyone, it is going to be Lamar Odom and Brand because the Clips feel they are the best of the youngsters and guys that are going to be consistent. But if Brand would somehow land in Houston, you could start planning a parade route in the very near future. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

after tonights game, I think trading for Brand might just be the right thing to do, but of course its me on my post-loss irritatedness, question for the married men out there, have your wives ever told you to calm down b/c your going to have a heart attack, while watching the rocks?

2. xuxj

xuxj Member

In fact, I always have to ask my wife to relax when watching
    those dum movies :D

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Hopefully the Clipps are just as dumb as the Bulls are.... who wouldn't want the 99' NBA Co=ROY's on the same team?

4. ewfd

ewfd Member

he's soooo right about the parade route thing.. I just moved Brand onto the Rockets on NBA Live 2003 and they won a simulated playoffs :D

5. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Lord, help us all!

6. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Trade Griffin for Elton Brand. Add Mobley as a bonus. This way we get a super PF and also get rid of ballhog. Kill two birds with one stone.

7. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

I try these things all the time. This is the only and perfect way to find out if a player fits. Big fun and great results. :cool:

8. carayip

carayip Member

This man talked crap. On another question, he said Amare should be ROY instead of Yao.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Actually, I'm always very calm. My wife is the one bordering on a heart-attack she's so afraid the Rockets will lose. She hates to watch games because they cause too much anxiety.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hell, I can barely watch them, I get so worked up.

During the championship years, in the playoffs, I would always turn the Rockets game on and off, leaving and returning to the TV ("I can't watch this, I have to leave"; "Oh, jeez, I have to know how it went!") For example, I had to watch replays of Ralph Sampson sending the Rox to the Finals with his turnaround hook; the same with Mario Elie's kiss of death.

Against the Mavs last week, I just turned off the TV about halfway into the 3rd quarter. I'm 34 now and I don't think my heart can take the same torture it once did. :)

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Personally, I move from the living room TV to the library TV to the bedroom TV to find the one on which the Rockets are playing better. Once I find the right one, I stick with it. If we lose, I know its because of the TV's poor reception rather than the Rockets' foibles.

12. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!!! :D

Three Rocket teams: The good, the bad and the ugly!

13. ming1111

ming1111 Member

LOL :D :D This is so me.Never walk in front of the t.v. during a game because you will destract the players concentration. Or I'll hold on to my Rockets Basketball the whole game if they win. Man the crazy things we do!!! Antbody have a remedy for the crappy feeling you get when the ROXS lose? :D

14. limited_few

limited_few Member

LOL
    The craziest thing I do is I'll try sitting or standing in a different position during the games. If the Rockets are doing good while I'm in a particular position then I stick with it until its time to try something else. One time I ended up crouching in a real uncomfortable for like 6 minutes till I got a cramp and couldn't take it any more....but we won! :cool:

15. limited_few

limited_few Member

Antbody have a remedy for the crappy feeling you get when the ROXS lose?

Actually I go to the gym and excercise, after I do something good for my body I feel better.