1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basic Fantasy Questions and Rules to live by

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by kidcave9, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

This is my first year playing fantasy football, as such i have a lot of questions before the draft. I just wanted to see if anyone has any good rules to go by like never draft kickers till the last round and such. I was wondering where do you go to get daily news on players before the draft, like the Fitzgerald injury and such..

Also where do most LB's get drafted?

Any advice would be appreciated...........

It's time for some FOOTBALL!!! :p

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

You can get kickers later. By the 2nd week, you should have a pretty good idea of who can't score in the endzone. That's the kicker you want.

I'm in a league with Linebackers also. The fantasy game changers are Patrick Willis and Jon Beason. These guys rack up a lot of points. I think only Willis is worth a 3rd round pick. WR's and RB's will always have a breakout player that no one has drafted. IDP's are more difficult to pick up. Also, get Bernard Pollard and Brian Cushing (if you have enough room to hold off for 4 weeks)

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Willis is the only guy you might consider taking. Otherwise, assuming its a 10-12 player league, don't worry about drafting a linebacker until you have a near full roster. The difference between the 5th and 10th best linebacker is minimal, better off trying to find a gem.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If you can nab David Akers in the 3rd round, you do that and you DON'T LOOK BACK.

5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

that's harsh brauh

i ain't that ignit ;)