1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baseball Season 13 Trade Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, May 16, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay, I have several players that are available. All are in their last year of their contracts:

SP - Matt Wheatland -good in hits -actual ratings are:

2B/CF - Farmer Matthew

1B/DH - Paul Konerko

OF - Juan Encarnacion

OF - Kevin Mench (not in the last year of his contract)

What do I need? Good young players that are cheap of course or prospects! I could even trade these guys for MRs.

Let me know if you are interested.

#1 Manny Ramirez, May 16, 2002
    Last edited: May 17, 2002
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I could possibly part with 1B Nick Johnson for the right price (that would be good quality prospects.)

3. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Ratings weren't updated for the purpose of using them in trade discussions... :(

4. Manny Ramirez

Oh, Zac...I'm sorry dude.

I didn't even think about that.

I'll go back and edit my first post.

5. Zac D

It's quite all right, but I thank you for the edit! =)

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Giants are still looking to dump an OF, maybe two, since last season.

Available:

<b>CF M.Beck</b>: Good leadoff or #2 type hitter

Getting Hits Talent :Good
    Hitting Doubles Talent :Average
    Hitting Homeruns Talent :Average
    Getting BB's Talent :Good
    Avoiding Strikeouts Talent :Good

B Speed, B S.A., B in CF, C in RF, C arm
    32 yrs old

<b>In return</b>: Maybe a MR + a decent prospect (any pos)

-----

<b>RF D.Wentzel</b>: Decent hitter 5-7 in order

Getting Hits Talent :Average
    Hitting Homeruns Talent :Good
    Avoiding Strikeouts Talent :Average

D speed, D S.A., D in RF, C arm
    30 yrs old

<b>In return</b>: Not much, maybe MR

-----

<b> LF/RF R.Joliff </b> : Average starter

Getting Hits Talent :Average
    Hitting Homeruns Talent :poor
    Avoiding Strikeouts Talent :Good

B Speed, B S.A., C in LF, B in RF, A arm
    Only 26 yrs old

<b>In return</b>: Good setup MR, or prospect

---------

Another thing I could do is package one of those OF's, 1B Eric Munson or 3B Mike Lamb (both in last year of contract), and possibly one of my SP for a somewhat younger 1B or 3B that's a very good hitter.

Let me know here if interested.

7. Manny Ramirez

Update:

All of my players that were on the block are gone except for Mench and the Farmer.

Johnny Prosser and Don Levinski could also be had.

Thanks to injuries to Twiggy and Nanny and Gobble, Young, Bong, and Cy all sucking, I might need a major league ready SP, but I would be willing to listen to any offers.

8. DieHard Rocket

Giants now have either Mike Lamb or Eric Munson available...both in the last year of their contracts. Could help a team in contention needing a 1B or 3B. I could trade them for decent prospects or pretty good MR's.

9. Nomar

Nomar Member

I have some players available.

Russ Hammit, Gene Amar, Schoolboy Vicente, and MAYBE Samuel Cruz.

10. DieHard Rocket

Nomar--

I am interested in Cruz or Amar, and less in Vincente.

Let me know if I could get Cruz or Amar, especially Cruz, without giving up Spohn or any of my ML OF's. I could include Eric Munson or Paul Konerko in deals, both in the last year of their contract.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have several Major League caliber players available on my AAA roster. I am 44-8 and don't have room for them on the Major league level. I would be willing to part with them for A or AA class prospects of equal or similar value. I coule even possibly be persuaded to trade much sought after prospect Lucas Corso. Let me know if there is any interest.

CK

12. DieHard Rocket

Castor,

I am interested in the following players, in order:

Raymo
    Corso
    Epps
    Moss

I really don't know if I have anything to give you that are younger than Raymo or Corso. However, I do have some pretty good young MR's that I could give you for Epps or Moss. Go ahead and look and see if you like anything for the first two, if not, I'd still like to deal for one of the MR's.

13. Manny Ramirez

IVFL:

I noticed that you just did your first trade.

You have a boatload of free agents and I can help you by trading you some players who are not in the last year of their contract.

I have come up with a 6 for 4 deal (you get 6 players and I get 4) plus you get cash.

If you are interested, please respond in this thread (and then I will elaborate more about my deal).

We would have to work out any deals very soon, as the next sim that Zac does will be past the trading deadline.

14. Heath

Heath Member

I have a surplus of staarting pitchers and they b**** when I give them bullpen duty so if anyone need a SP I have a few available, the best one being C.C. Sabathia who have been starting for me the first 12 seasons, but with prospect Dave Wedding breaking out he has been placed in the bullpen.

Name Age Role HITS HOMERS WALKS STRIKEOUT DUR
    C. Sabathia 33 SP Good Average Average Good D
    M. Baker 28 SP Average Good Good Brilliant E
    J. Bonderman 30 SP Fair Good Brilliant Brilliant A

What do I want back? As these players is located in the bullpen I need one replacement there. I also would like a prospect or 2nd player. But I'm open for bigger deals too. Just talk to me in the chat or post a message here.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Heath: interested in Tom Prentice(F-G-G-B)? He's torn up AAA, and ready for the majors as a reliever. I'll give you him and Earl Orman (A-F-G catcher, B speed, A range) for Mouse Baker.

Also, does anyone want Chris George? 33 year old dominant pitcher, A duration-- could put a lot of teams over the top. I'm looking for depth in my younger pitching to do this... I'd like a couple of pitchers, but not two average pitchers... there must be one very good young pitcher in the deal for me to trade George.

16. DieHard Rocket

Still have 1B Munson and 3B Lamb available, looking for young to middle aged relievers or a package to improve starting pitching.

1B E.Munson:
    A-G-G-A-A; A Range : 35 yr old, final year of contract.

3B M.Lamb:
    A-A-G-A-G; A Range : 37 yr old, final year of contract.

I might trade:

CF/RF M.Beck:
    G-A-A-G-G; B CF Range, A RF Range : B Speed, B S.A.; Final year of contract.

For Beck, I would want a pretty good MR, and maybe a prospect of some sort.

<b>The Cat</b>, I have some interest in George, but I don't know if I have what you need. I could give you Wright or Baker + E.Gutierrez. Let me know if interested.

#16 DieHard Rocket, May 30, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2002
  17. The Cat

DH,

I have interest in Baker, but can you make the young pitcher Brian Spohn instead of Guitierrez? I know he's closer to the majors, and for doing that I'll throw in Miguel Jaramillo, a young G-A-G first base prospect. Would George and Jaramillo for Baker and Spohn interest you?

18. DieHard Rocket

Cat,

I don't think I can do that. For Spohn, I'd need another pretty good prospect. While Jaramillo is pretty good, I already have two 1B prospects waiting to come up. I could even add in a player like SS J.Johnson (A-A-A) to sweeten the deal. Or I could give you one of my many final year of their contract players, just look at my previous post (and add Jim Nance to that).

19. The Cat

DH,

Any way you could throw in Herbert Taylor, your AAA pitcher, instead of Nance? I'd throw in my 29 year old AAA pitcher, Ralph Strum, if I could get Taylor... Strum is dominating AAA and should be ready for the majors.

That would make the deal George, Strum for Baker, Guitierrez, Taylor... let me know. Also, to any other GM out there, I am still fielding offers for George, but I will probably have to make up my mind within the next hour, because after that I'll be gone for a few hours and Zac will probably sim.

20. Zac D

Floyd Macklin (SP) is available for a very good young hitter... 2B, 3B, RF preferred.

Chuck, d'you still want Tsao? Best tell me about it before the deadline. I still adore Brasel...

Dylan, I'll give you Opitz and prospect 1B Lawrence Steinke for Osgood and a guy like, for example, Julian Gomez or Dennis Brown.

To anyone else who hates their bullpen, and I know you're out there, virtually any of my relievers are available for hitting or SP prospects/young players.

#20 Zac D, May 30, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2002