1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barr is dumping 150 years of AG separation of powers to be Trump's B***h

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 12, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

they just start it a few days earlier like you are seeing now.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good luck and best wishes to all you Muellerphiles this morning!!!

giphy.gif

#82 Os Trigonum, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Up in arms"?

Yes, I do think its questionable why they would hold a press conference *before* releasing the report unless the intent was to establish what they want to be the story reported. This is even more questionable after learning the ag has been working directly with the white house, briefing them well in advance of the report release and allowing them to collaborate on the content of the content discussed in the "press conference" and perhaps even in the final released redacted report.

To be honest... his (your words) totally voluntary "press conference" wasn't requested nor likely desired by most people in the media... they simply want to read the report, unredacted, to read Mueller's own words. Instead, the press is only getting another of barr's summary or "important points" (something he appears to be in a habit of doing). And so far, people's confidence in barr is diminishing.

So the question continues... why does the trump administration approach to this seem designed to not be transparent and instead be built around the careful control of what and when the story is delivered? We don't get the full report... but rather, a few written summary points carefully chosen by trump's appointee (then slightly changed as response to the written points seemed negative). And now, two days before a holiday and while congress in on recess, we get a verbal presentation of what is likely carefully selected talking points of a redacted (how redacted, no one knows) report prepared by someone not delivering the presentation but instead by that same trump appointee. A redacted report that non one will have seen yet... and won't see until later in the day (at least congressional members will see that redacted report later in the day).

None of this seems transparent. And with this administration and its history of deceit and dishonesty, its reasonably to think this entire process of releasing the report is highly suspect.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

The insanity coming out of the left never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think they have found the upper limit for insanity they create a whole new level. The media has spent almost every minute of the last two years building up Mueller taking down Trump. They are unable to handle it that we know Mueller did not find "collusion" and that the investigation is now going to be investigated. The house of cards built by the media is falling down now.

MojoMan and mick fry like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

To start with... trump appointee barr's four page summary, er, important points document said they did not find sufficient evidence of "collusion". Until we see the unredacted version of the report we won't know what Mueller found.

If there was no "collusion" then trump would want the unredacted report released right away. The fact that he, er, barr, doesn't speaks volumes...

6. cml750

cml750 Member

I understand you are upset. You more than anyone here have hung your hat on Mueller taking down Trump. It has to be hard now that you realize he has nothing so you cling to the slimmest of hope that there will be something in the report that will take down Trump.

Also, I hope you do realize it is against the law for them to release the report unredacted?

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A. Despite what you’ve heard this AM on Fox N Friends that you are parroting... YOU still haven’t seen the Mueller report. I haven’t seen it. Chill.

B. Why the media blitz and nastiness this morning if the report is supposedly exonerating? Why the need for any type of attack?

Being defensive makes Trump look like he did something wrong. You (as one of his foot soldiers who will step on land mines for your king) are being aggressive while unprompted this morning hours before we see a redacted version of the Mueller report?

If this is good Trump then just let the facts come out and shut up. All the nastiness just makes what Trump tv and what food soldiers like you are doing look like there is something bad in the report to cover up with attacks on people like me that dared to follow one of the biggest scandals in American presidential history.

C. Libs are way more consumed with Game Of Thrones at the moment. That and here in Houston with the Rockets. And a bit of Mayor Pete.

Chill out dude. Trump doesn’t need you kissing his ass and fighting his wars for him every second of every day.

9. NewRoxFan

I am upset that there was not enough evidence that the president of the United States engaged in a criminal conspiracy with Russian government officials? No, I am glad that the current president didn't commit an act of treason. And... you can look through my past posts... I clearly said I didn't want the result of the investigation to be trump removed from office because of what impact that would have on the American people... especially those that voted for trump. Not unless there was such clear and overwhelming proof that was unlikely to be found.

But am I upset that the current president routinely says and does things that I believe diminish the office of the president? You bet! That he routinely lies to the American public. You bet! You see, I hold the office of the president to a higher standard than "well, at least he isn't a convicted felon".

But getting back to this case... we still don't know what things Mueller and his investigation team found. So until we get that report... or *if* we ever get that report...

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Both sides will interpret the report to fit their narrative. Just remember that we are all friends here and to not get too personal. Cheers!

biff17 likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

A very good article from lawfare on that point...

Memo to the Press: How Not to Screw Up on the Mueller Report
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/memo-press-how-not-screw-mueller-report

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty good article although you can sense the authors expectation that this report will be bad for trump. I didnt mind lifting that cloud from over his presidency once the report was finished.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and "good luck" to all you trump butt-kissers as well!

perhaps someday you will start putting the interests of your country over those of a childish, pathological lying, narsissitic con-artist!

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

didn't vote for Trump, don't really support Trump. What I hate is the self-righteousness and arrogance of liberals and Democrats who ought to know better. But thanks for trying.

cml750 likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

I guess Nadler is forgetting that the DOJ sits under the executive branch.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

These people have lost their minds. They really are deranged in their obsessive, totally out of control hatred for the person who had the audacity to defeat their presidential nominee in 2016.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol...you endlessly defend, deflect and make excuses for him on here. why? just because you hate liberals?

you should want open, transparent government. you and i paid for that report...it belongs to us and we have a right to see what mueller found about OUR elected officials...they work for us (trump included).

you and i both know that if it was obama you would not be so desperate to see this covered up. stop being such a butt-kisser for politicians!

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Barr just exonerated Trump and all Americans from any charges of conspiring with the Russians.

Eat it you relentless, unconscionable liars.