1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley our future coach ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3pointer, Dec 16, 1999.

1. 3pointer

3pointer Member

What do you guys think about it ? as we all seem to think , one day Rudy T. will more than likely move on from the coaching possition he currently holds , do you think that CB would be interested in coaching for us ? or would he be interested in coaching at all ? just a question to ponder . If he did want to coach would you want him coaching the rockets ?

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah.. But he said he wouldnt. He doesnt want to travel. He said he will love to be a GM.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Sorry, but it will never happen. Chuck may help out the team this year, but he is born to talk not coach.

Heard someone say it would be interesting for him to be a regular ESPN commentator. I could see that!

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

He's already been talking to FOX and NBC. Look for him in the FOX booth after rehab.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Big Sexy, if he decided to coach in the NBA, would the NBA's equivalent of Buddy Ryan.

Be afraid, be very afraid [​IMG]

6. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I personally think that CB would be a good coach , specially in motivating his players to play hard every freaking game ! I think that when he gets back he will still influence the rockets in a positive way this season , if not playing on the floor at least telling them like it is ! or as how he sees it, maybe he'll be an assistant coach type this yr. as he is still under contract w/the rox......

7. nativehouston

nativehouston New Member

I agree with you 3pointer. I believe that Charles would be a very good coach. He is a great motivator. I am looking forward to seeing the effect of his positive guidance toward our young players. However, (and I am not a seer by any means) I think we will probably see CB in the media in the future. Personally, I can't wait for him to take Peter Vescey's place on Inside the NBA. Wishful thinking.:)

------------------
    the endangered species

8. napster

napster Member

Exactly WHICH CB are we talking about?

9. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Nap man/woman .. when we say CB we mean Chuckster... or Charles Barkley...

10. Barzilla

Barzilla Member

Charles Barkley? Head coach?

Please don't tell me you're serious

------------------
    Rockets When? Rockets When?

11. napster

napster Member

I meant that I don't consider Charles a good coach. Motivation? What kind of motivation would he give guys during training camp? He was not the best example. Charles was a great unique player, but I don't consider him a capable coach. He left the game tragically, but that shouldn't cloud people's judgement. Charles with a microphone would be VERY interesting.

12. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Barkley being the head coach might be the best thing that could happen to the Rockets. Judging from his character, I can see him employing demonic and military training as harsh as training the Navy Seals. No one would dare to miss even one free throw or make a stupid TO. Someone put it the best, Chuck will probably jump into the court and play again if the game pisses him off, ya gotta love a reserved pf/head coach.