1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Barbershop 2 and Miracle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AlexVanderpool, Feb 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. AlexVanderpool

What are you gonna see tonight?
    One, both, or neither???

im checking out Barbershop 2 tonite!!!

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Neither.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Downloading it in a few days.

4. Lil Pun

Ha ha ha, I forgot about that. :D

5. drapg

drapg Member

You're such a liar.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i have to say... the first barbershop was good... but the second one doesn't look great.

i do this thing were i watch the movie and then read Ebert's reviews, interestingly we agree over 90% of the time. and i've done this for like 50 movies. ebert was high on Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Kill Bill, my two favorite movies from last year. most other critics disliked one or the other or both. and he and I were like the only two people that liked LXG haha...

i'm not sold on miracle, so maybe i'll read his review first and see.

7. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

Miracle. Until US mens soccer wins World Cup, Miracle on Ice is no doubt the best moment in US sport history.

8. Lil Pun

Hmmm...I've tried and tried but cannot think of one that can compete with this, can anybody else?

Thread derailment in three two one...

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I went to the Rockets' game.

Out of these two, if a gun was pointed to my head, I'd probably say Miracle.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Barbershop was freaking funny. Go see it.

I was one of the only white guys tho. It was great.

11. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

US mens soccer upsetting a power house like Brazil to clinch the World Cup would definitely top Miracle on Ice.

I just got back from seeing Miracle. It was good. Worth my time. Kurt Russell did a great job portraying Herb Brooks. The scene where the US plays the Soviet Union, it was 1980 all over again. I just wish they would not have hurried through the gold medal game. The US came from behind to win the gold medal.

12. Summer Song Giver

I bet there were lots of white women tho, they love the brothas, something about the brothas :D

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no way. while america definitely got into this past world cup a lot (and this was just making the final 8, not winning), i think there would still be plenty of people who still wouldn't give a damn about soccer. the olympics are just different, you like crap you don't care about for the 3 years and 50 weeks leading up to the olympics. the whole thing is national pride. i just don't think you can get that from a soccer game for americans.

and then there's the fact that you'll never get this situation we had with that game. our biggest national rival, the middle of the cold war, them being so dominant it was ridiculous. while upsetting a team like brazil might be equivalent to upsetting the soviets, we're not going to hate brazil the way we did the ussr, and it most likely won't be in america with everybody there waving american flags chanting USA.

i really don't see anyway to live up to the miracle on ice if for no other reason than it would be almost impossible to get that situation again on top of whatever amazing upset there would be. man i wish i could've been around to actually watch it, must've been crazy.