1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banning other NBA game talk in random threads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Downtown Sniper, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is it possible to try and cull this?

There's been so many times I've avoided the NBA Dish like the plague during the day at work - because there's games I want to watch on replay when I get home (on that Australia time)

Instead, I'll be going through a thread in the GARM and out of nowhere there'll be a post about the game - which has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever.

For instance in the Game Thread today - there's a comment about Detroit killing Dallas.

I would've liked to watch that game tonight.... There were no comments prior to that in the thread about Detroit or Dallas.... Therefore that comment was completely unnecessary.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

Why not just avoid Clutchfans before you watch the game?

When I'm forced to watch a Rockets game on demand on League Pass, I simply avoid anything that might spoil the score including ESPN, Facebook, any sports television channel, and of course Clutchfans.

Seems a little unfair (as well as a practical improbability) to expect everyone to avoid talking about games in any thread simply because a few fans want to watch them later on demand.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I know it isn't really feasible.

I'm venting.

I can't avoid Clutchfans altogether. I need something to get me through the workday!

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I can sympathize with OP because a lot of times I'll miss games and record them to watch later and avoiding hearing anything about those games gets pretty hard, but... I don't think his request could ever happen, even if the mods found it desirable.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Don't want to burst your bubble...

But the rockets are going to win 106-86 tonight....

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bilbo dies in the end.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What pisses me off isn't the BBS, which I can simply not read, but NBAtv and League Pass, who frequently replay games late. On a few occasions, I've been out the night of the game and forgot to record it on my DVR's. As insane as it may sound, both NBAtv and LP scroll the scores during these replays. It is very easy to be confronted with the final score of the game you are watching for the first time, and have been careful not to learn the outcome of, as well as who had the most points on each team, who had the most boards, etc., scrolling right below the freakin' game as you watch the damn thing. I hate it.

And yeah, it's a damn shame about Bilbo. :-(-

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What about him?
    [​IMG]

Tell me, tell me. I am dying to know!!!!

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You're going down the wrong path my friend!...:(