1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ball Don't Lie] Facing an unorthodox release, Mike Miller puts his house for Sale

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...dox-release-so-to-speak-Mike-?urn=nba-wp10460

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

This is my assumption but i think Mike Miller didn't enjoy playing for the Heat and really want to get out of Miami....

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't see how, unless the salary rollbacks aren't happening.

57% BRI is going to become 50%, and I believe that proportional salary rollbacks come along as part of the deal (otherwise, FAs get unfairly screwed).

Miller should lose at least $3M. Maybe that's not much in relative terms...but any accountant would jump at that number and advise him to try and adjust for it proactively.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

This is my assumption but I think Miami didn't enjoy Mike Miller errr that contract of his and want to get out of it if possible. ;) Was on the TB last year.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Original amensty clause didn't relieve salary cap obligations, just luxury tax, right?

6. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

If Mike Miller gets released, he's probably going to sign with the Clippers. The Clippers came close to signing him last year, but Miller chose Miami instead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5353008

If the Clippers can get Mike Miller for cheap (Donald Sterling's favorite word) i expect that the LAC would pounce Miller. Mike Miller can join the other ex T-Wolves scrubs of Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes that makeup the Clippers roster...

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

After the lockout, why doesn't Miami call Dallas and offer Miller and Dexter Pittman for Brendon Haywood?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would love to see Mike Miller replace Budinger.
    If healthy, he's way better.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He shouldnt just be buried after one injury plagued season. He will definitely bounce back once healthy.

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

I don't want the Rockets to pick up anybody who has those two words attached to them anymore.

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

[​IMG]

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Rollbacks aren't part of the current proposal. The NBA got rid of rollbacks and a hard cap months ago I believe.
    It's part of their ultimatum-47% proposal though.