1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baker Mayfield vs. Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 2, 2018.

1. likestohypeguy

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-popularity-tied-white-supremacy.amp

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is stupid and kinda racist. Baker got hype because he was number 1 over all pick and was good last year. Same as Watson hype his first year.
    That whole argument is like saying some Texans fans are only hyping Watson over Mahomes because Watson is the right shade of black.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Seriously. Baker had ONE great game last season and couple of good ones. He had more HYPE than Mahomes, who won MVP last year, coming into the season. Texans fans are homers, you root for your guy.

Mitch Trubisky. There is NO WAY in HELL he should have been taken before Mahomes or Watson. Bears fall into the white QB from a pro-style offense trap. Mitch play 13 games in college for a BAD Tarheels team. Yeah, Pick him over the QB who put up 400+ yards against Alabama 2 years in a row in the NC game (winning one of them).

Daniel Jones.....ONE GOOD GAME...Now, he is the "savior'. LOL. Come on. NFL experts barely had him a 1st round pick, but the Giants took him over the proven black QB Haskins. Let's see Jones against some one decent before he is "the next Baker Mayfield". :rolleyes:

Look, this has been story for DECADES in the NFL. Many NFL teams will choose a white QB over a black one, all things being equal. The ownership in the NFL is older, conservative than the NBA or even MLB now. They know black players make up the majority of the league and are a necessity. However, the QB is the "face of the franchise" and they prefer a "white, All-American face" to promote. That part of the whole Kaepernick thing: We have seen this trash backup QBs in the league keep getting jobs. You think Weeden or the trash the New York Jets rolled out after they lost 2 QBs is better than Colin? Please. Yes, I know the whole baggage Kaepernick has..........become on now.

Not every team is like that.....but many are.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You can say the same thing for not giving non black players chances at skill positions. It’s a stereotype.
    From your response it seems you are part of the problem, you would rather the color of their skin dictate who gets to play.
    All good, you just showed your true colors.
    You non stop call people stupid and criticize them for their opinion, well you should probably look in the mirror.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...you can say Skill positions have been open if you have the skills, but there was a lack of speed bias toward white players. However, compared to the QB positions, other skill positions were downright progressive. QB has been the ONE position where has been the perception that Black QBs are not smart enough to play the position. It was straight racism. I can post link after link that NFL teams thought that for DECADES.

As for skin color, please. My wife is white and my kids are half white. I have seen both sides...

Follow that link.....to other links.

https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2019/0...ed-examines-the-rise-of-black-qbs-in-the-nfl/

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The old “I have black friends” response.
    Whatever man, you showed your bigotry.

You would rather see someone get preferential treatment for being black than have it be merit based.
    I’m done talking with you

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I showed my bigotry by stating facts? Preferential treatment? HMMM, show me where I said that? Merit based? Only works if u give everyone the same opportunity......we know that didn't happen for Black QBs in the past.

Warren Moon didn't get an opportunity until he won 5 Grey Cups in Canada. Didn't even get drafted.

Well...we know u don't have black friends...lol.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, done with you. Don’t associate with bigots or idiots. You seem to be both

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Only idiot I see is you.

Let's not acknowledge a fact that has been stated many times. Maybe people will forget......

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

you made racist post, then backed it up with further racist posts. You’re an idiot.
    What’s even funnier is you literally are always calling people dumb yet you post nonsense like the first post I quoted.
    Idiot

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No racism. Just because the past makes u uncomfortable, doesn't mean it is not true. You still haven't proved what I said isn't true.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Very much racist. You spouting off your opinion as fact doesn’t make it fact either.
    You post so much on here about you having this superior intellect calling everyone that disagrees with you stupid, yet you can’t understand what you said was bigoted and stupid.
    I can keep going back and forth all you want, so keep it up.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Fact: Black QB were not given opportunities to play because they were deem not to have the "intellect" to play QB.
    Fact: MANY Conservative NFL Owners did not want a black QB as the "face of the franchise", until recently.
    Fact: Mitch Trubisky goes #1 over 2 more accomplished and more successful Black QBs. Trubisky is consider a more "pro" style QB even though the other QBs have better skillsets.
    Fact: Despite the fact he destroyed the most pro-style Defense in College Football (Alabama) by putting up 400+ yards in the Air 2 years in a row, Deshaun Watson is still consider a "running QB", even though he was consider the most "pro ready" of the top QB prospects by many experts. The running QB label also affect Lamar Jackson (Heisman winner)the next year, despite the fact his throwing numbers are great at Louisville. A QB with questionable work ethic and football desire still goes 20 spots higher (Josh Rosen) than Jackson, because he fits what a "pro QB" looks like.

Fact: Despite the fact that he wins MVP and takes his team to the AFC Championship game, Patrick Mahomes trails an unproven Baker Mayfield in Marketing opportunities from the NFL and Corporate America. Mayfield is a hot head, party boy (run from the cops video) who had issues with Black Players in College; Mahomes is a ground soft spoken young man who has done nothing but prove he is a stand-up person.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Most of what you are saying is your opinion and not FACT, and it’s still based off of a bigoted point of view.
    There are also several high drafted black QBs that have completely flamed out. Yet you conveniently leave them out of your comparisons and only pick on the busts that are white.
    I don’t care what color QB we have if they can play. Right now the greatest of all time and the best in the league happens to be white, that doesn’t mean that won’t change.
    There also happens to be one of the best backs in the league is white, same with MLB, TE, DE. That doesn’t matter because color doesn’t matter when they’re on the field, except in your opinions.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...Dude. GOOGLE "BLACK QB in the NFL".....you can READ the History.

There are MANY MORE HIGHLY DRAFTED WHITE QBs that have FLAMED out. The amount of "HIGHLY DRAFTED" Black QBs is 21. That is the number of Black QBs drafted in the 1st round in the HISTORY of the NFL. There were NONE before 1978.

https://theundefeated.com/features/...of-black-quarterbacks-drafted-in-first-round/

https://www.footballperspective.com/jameis-winston-black-quarterbacks-and-the-first-round/

Color has always matter to get TO THE FIELD for Black QBs.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m aware of the history, not denying the stigma of black quarterbacks, much like the stigma of white running backs.
    Still doesn’t change the fact that your original statement was pretty bigoted towards white quarterbacks, and you are still trying to justify it.
    You were wrong and you’re just digging your heals in deeper.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If you don't think that is not fact, you don't live in America.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Baker Mayfield is cocky jerk who fits well with a team like Cleveland, who also drafted Manziel and picked up Beckham. Mayfield has more interceptions than touchdowns and more commercials than touchdowns. His sponsors and the Browns are just stupid for their choice in who the decided to pay. He is also one of the 5 quarterbacks who actually holds the ball longer than Watson. In fact, he takes longer to get rid of the ball than anyone in the NFL.​

#38 deb4rockets, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019